Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Great Picture - What Hunting's All About >

Great Picture - What Hunting's All About

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Great Picture - What Hunting's All About

Old 10-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be printing it out and framing it.

Those two are going to be sharing a blind on Saturday. It's the youth doe season. I have a blind set up on a clover field and the boy can use a rifle this weekend on doe only.

My dad is so excited about being there for that hunt. He's been at the cabin with us every time the boy got a deer, but never with him in the field at the time. This Saturday, I will hunt on my own and those two will be together. I hope they score!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats so awesome. I'm happy for you're family. Never had a chance to hunt with my grand dad. Had some good years with my pops before he passed.

Glad to see the torch is still being passed down. I hope your son gets his dream buck. I'm sure it's been going through his head eveyday. He probably shot at the very least 45 booners this year.

I'm still waiting to pass the torch down. Haven't been able to convince any woman to let me do that so far.

Good luck!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

He shot his buck already this year. On opening day. So, the fantasies about booners ended on October 5th.....unless he's thinking about me getting one.

I think about booners from time to time, but most of the time I dream about a buck we have seen on camera or spotting. This year it's a 140 class 10-point with a forked brow tine.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry missed that post. thats cool though. My first buck with a bow was a small fork. Was on cloud 9. Hey a 140 is a trophy.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Spike

I guess the ole saying is right, a picture is worth a 1000 words.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do you know why that is what hunting is all about ?

.........because you didn't hear a single thing other than kind words !!!

Pass it on......................... :-)
Old 10-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

To me, my boys and the guys we hunt with it is surely isn't much about harvesting deer. It's about the togetherness, the brotherhood and the memories.

Here's my oldest nephew and my youngest son. riding in from the field on the tailgate. Just sharing some time during the young one's first deer hunt.

http://

Last edited by uncle matt; 10-22-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.

This weekend is our annual work weekend. The boy is going up with me and hanging out with the guys. Doing work along side the older members and doing some hunting with my dad.

Last weekend, he went out with my dad and some of the guys up there to work on some of the habitat around the property.

Saturday evening, we'll all sit around the table for dinner and shoot the breeze. Our oldest member down to our youngest. It's a great thing to be around.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cherish those times...while you can. No amount of $$ can make up for those times...thanks for sharing!