Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer Hunting for the first time! >

Deer Hunting for the first time!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting for the first time!

Old 10-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Hunting for the first time!

Hey all, I have finally gone hunting after a long 2 year's of waiting and ordeals aka "money wise" where I couldn't go hunting.

I must say that I had one heck of a first time hunt, First we saw 3 does and one buck, The antlers were not big enough to shoot, and they were about an inch. Dammit I had the perfect shot to get him.

The Buck fever, Damn I had it bad, lol! Thank god my buddy was there to prevent me from loosing my arrow, and wounding a deer killing him or her un mainly.

So our hunt began as normal. We get in the G-3 Ground blind, We set up, and started whispering. 2 hours go by and nothing but squirrel chatter and chick chatter.

Then all of a sudden about 40 minutes before the sun goes down, I whack my buddies arm hard to get his attention He looked up and sure enough the first doe was right there looking at me.

My heart started to race, And my I was getting a good shot, According to my buddy It was not a good shot because of the chest area is too hard.

And for what seemed like an Eternity, my buddy was making sure I didn't get a bad Shot, I took the safety off and he said put it back on it's not a good shot. So I put the safety back on. And that's when the first doe snorted really really really "LOUD" out of her nose. It was like an awesome thing to see.

Although I did not get a deer on my first day of hunting, I did get close and I had a kick ass time.

Here is some pictures of the hunt

Me in the blind with my Wicked Ridge Warrior HL!

Where the doe's and the young buck was.
I couldn't get him, He had 1 inch spikes!

My gear pack with Pile Driver Carbon fiber arrows and Top point blades.

How I set up my blades, I am not stupid, I use a metal mesh glove to put them on. Yeah let the Michael jackson jokes began, LOL!

Where I keep my tools and supplies for my Xbow.

My blades.

All of my other gear such as bullets, hunting glasses, hunting blaze orange hats and vests and such!

More gear storage area!

I thought this was a kick ass photo!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arrrows are not bullets. You did well to listen to your buddy. Slighlty quartering to, broadside, and quartering away are the shots you need with an arrow. Passing bad shots is just part of hunting. Paitence is usually rewarded. Good luck!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Welcome to the forum! I assume the deer was facing straight at you and not broad side? If so you did well to pass this up - the arrow may have gone right into the guts with limited blood. Deer would have probably died but you may have had a hard time finding it, and if you did find it, it would have been pretty messed up. From a tree stand angle you may be able to get the heart (and not guts) but from the ground this would be tough.

Last edited by MZS; 10-03-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

At least you saw deer,that starts the learning process.Good luck.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Spike

WHat the 12 ga 7 shot for?
Old 10-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by illiniquack15
WHat the 12 ga 7 shot for?
Thanks guys, Illiniquack they are for Small game, And turkey.

I have a box of 22 LR thunderbolts in there too.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Spike

Ic, can you carry multiple weapons in michigan? Just wondering. Illinois is strict with their rules.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Ic, can you carry multiple weapons in michigan? Just wondering. Illinois is strict with their rules.
We can, As long as they are locked up in a case. You are all set.

Illinois, What's the rules forIllinois?
Old 10-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Spike

can only have one thing in the field with you at a time. you can't carry shotgun shells with the wrong shot. (Steel and Lead) depending on what you hunting
Old 10-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

can only have one thing in the field with you at a time. you can't carry shotgun shells with the wrong shot. (Steel and Lead) depending on what you hunting
Oh wow, That must be tough on you guys. I am really glad I do livein a great state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.