Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Frustrating Hunting

Old 10-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Spike

I understand the fact the other hunters wont let the deer pass. But those deer dont get big by being dumb. If I do my part and could get few others to do it our chances of seeing mature deer increases.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Quit doing all the work for a few years. Don't put out stands or cameras and ground hunt for that time. In other words make it hard for them to hunt and I bet they go somewhere else. Then just set up your cams nd stands and tell them nothing.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
Why not hunt state owned land with the real hunters? Better yet, just go on a pay hunt.
What? Real hunters huh. I consider myself a real hunter and I don't hunt on public land. Why would someone go pay money for a government goat. I didn't think real hunter pay for a critter.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

As long as they are within the law if someone wants to shoot a fawn, a doe or a 1.5 old buck is completly up to them. When and how they hunt as long as it is leagal is also up to the individual hunter. If they want to walk in and hang a stand in a bedding area in the middle of the day again is there choice. I agree that a little consideration and manners goes a long way but also works both ways.When we try to tell other hunters how,when, where and what deer they can harvest isnt considerate at all. As hunters we put way to much imphasis on killing a giant deer that we forget that it is just a deer and we wont starve if we dont harvest one. I know if I miss an oppertunity at a big deer it just makes me look forward to the next time I get to go try.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by grinder67
As long as they are within the law if someone wants to shoot a fawn, a doe or a 1.5 old buck is completly up to them. When and how they hunt as long as it is leagal is also up to the individual hunter. If they want to walk in and hang a stand in a bedding area in the middle of the day again is there choice. I agree that a little consideration and manners goes a long way but also works both ways.When we try to tell other hunters how,when, where and what deer they can harvest isnt considerate at all. As hunters we put way to much imphasis on killing a giant deer that we forget that it is just a deer and we wont starve if we dont harvest one. I know if I miss an oppertunity at a big deer it just makes me look forward to the next time I get to go try.
The goals are all the same. We want to shoot a big buck. If they get upset for not achieving the goals. Im going to tell them the mistakes that they are making and coach them so they can learn and be a better hunter so that they can get that nice buck that they want.

We are not hunting this farm for meat. That would be too easy and wouldnt be "hunting" for anything. ha
Old 10-03-2013, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BrazenWalk
The goals are all the same. We want to shoot a big buck. If they get upset for not achieving the goals. Im going to tell them the mistakes that they are making and coach them so they can learn and be a better hunter so that they can get that nice buck that they want.

We are not hunting this farm for meat. That would be too easy and wouldnt be "hunting" for anything. ha
So people who hunt for meat are not hunters in your eyes? I stand corrected. ha. And to some people a 6 pt. 1.5 year old is a trophy.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Never had the problem

Never hunted, subject to one place; subject to the whims of hunting one place.
Hunted with friends one day, in their choice of location. Gone the next to my locations. I scouted; they didn't. Sometimes the perfect location is far from the perfect location. Never depended on others to keep making the final choices on the deer hunting location.

A lone eagle.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Spike

"Meat hunters" are still hunters 100%. The goal on this farm in not meat. Almost every single time we go out we have deer that we could kill for meat. We know that so their isnt much "hunting" in that. I like that challenge trying to out wit a old deer.

Hunters have goals they would like to achieve. If they achieve them then it is consider a successful hunt.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BrazenWalk
"Meat hunters" are still hunters 100%. The goal on this farm in not meat. Almost every single time we go out we have deer that we could kill for meat. We know that so their isnt much "hunting" in that. I like that challenge trying to out wit a old deer.

Hunters have goals they would like to achieve. If they achieve them then it is consider a successful hunt.
I see. Good luck to you I hope you get one! Just remember to enjoy your time afield it is a great time of year to be out there.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

I love the way some try to define what a "real hunter " is. Most who use that term have no idea what they are talking about and want others to believe they know the secret to being a "real hunter " Some of the definitions are laughable and others are just plain stupid. I do so enjoy seeing them though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.