HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   September and October Lull? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/385433-september-october-lull.html)

lukec19834 09-28-2013 05:13 AM

September and October Lull?

All of a sudden we not getting any trail camera pictures! usually we get does on camera but lately not even does especially no bucks this has been going on for about 2 weeks now? now we only have 40 acres of woods and I go in and check them every other day but I don't think that the deer bed in there its just a walk through woods :sad0064::sad0064:

M.Wuen 09-28-2013 06:10 AM

you're going to check it too frequently, even if they don't bed in your plot they may be close enough to see you still. And even if they don't see you that spot is now just loaded with human scent. only go in to check it once every few weeks and i'm sure things will turn back around. Though pre rut should force more activity by then anyhow.

2eagles 09-28-2013 07:59 AM

It has been very warm and that will slow the deer down.
But as said, you are in there too often. I check mine on Fridays and that's probably too often.

Murdy 09-28-2013 08:11 AM

You're a couple weeks past the opener in Wisconsin? We always seem to have a lull about 2-3 weeks after our opener (Oct. 1). I always figured the deer had adjusted to the initial pressure. Picks back up as the rut approaches.

lukec19834 09-29-2013 11:35 AM

It opened early this year september 14 .

Ridge Runner 09-29-2013 11:49 AM

bucks live in bachelor groups all summer, when they go hardhorn they don't get along so well with the hormones starting to flow, so the dominant bucks run them off nd they go in search of core areas for the upcoming breeding season, happens every year here.
RR

Night Crawler 09-30-2013 05:44 PM

the above...as well as there are things,food ripening and hitting the ground in the woods that they prefer.

fastetti 09-30-2013 06:42 PM

Your checking you cameras too much. The deer are patterning you now. Personally, I check my cameras every 4 to 6 weeks so the deer rarely smell human intrusion. I checked them two weeks ago and wont be checking them until the first days of November.

Also, Acorns are really starting to fall. This time of year I get less pictures on some cameras and more on others. I think if you put your camera near some white Oaks and let it sit for a couple weeks you'll be surprised o what you see.

MnHunterr 10-04-2013 09:40 AM

Checking the cameras too much.

Also, the food sources are changing. There never really is a "October lull," the deer simply change their habits.

RWK 10-04-2013 01:33 PM

Had 600 photos not a horn, mister bucky is hiding on all of us.