Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer bait for a broke guy?

Old 09-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Has anyone ever had much luck with pears? There's tons of them on a tree by the house!
Old 09-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Smile

Thanks for all the input. I'm not sure why I didnt think of apples. Guess my mind isn't working to good right now. Hard to go from working all of your life and suddenly be put out. Kind of an emotional time for me right now but with the help of God and getting in the woods, I know that everything will be ok. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thunderchickenfrenzy
Has anyone ever had much luck with pears? There's tons of them on a tree by the house!
YES !!! they love them! they will eat the skins if you "can/jar" the pears and save the skins!
Originally Posted by not the dogs
Thanks for all the input. I'm not sure why I didnt think of apples. Guess my mind isn't working to good right now. Hard to go from working all of your life and suddenly be put out. Kind of an emotional time for me right now but with the help of God and getting in the woods, I know that everything will be ok. Thanks everyone!
Sorry to hear about your job loss...Prayers out to you finding a job. also God provides a plethora of wild animals so you don't go hungry!
Old 09-27-2013, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

My home-aid version was a gallon of corn oil,lots of table salt,and some grape cool aid.I poured it on a downed tree and the deer almost ate the tree.Cheap and it worked.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
My home-aid version was a gallon of corn oil,lots of table salt,and some grape cool aid.I poured it on a downed tree and the deer almost ate the tree.Cheap and it worked.
sugared koolaid? sounds interesting...
Old 09-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Spike

I've taken crab apples from a school by my house (the janitors said I was helping them out) And taken crab apples from a mall by me. Also pop corn kernels are cheaper than corn intended for deer/game and cheaper good luck
Old 09-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cecil973975
I've taken crab apples from a school by my house (the janitors said I was helping them out) And taken crab apples from a mall by me. Also pop corn kernels are cheaper than corn intended for deer/game and cheaper good luck
I think they are little more expensive around here...bag whole corn is cheaper here.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
I think they are little more expensive around here...bag whole corn is cheaper here.
I should of specified that what I found was a mass amount on amazon that was dirt cheap. i could see it being more expensive in the store
Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
YES !!! they love them! they will eat the skins if you "can/jar" the pears and save the skins!

Sorry to hear about your job loss...Prayers out to you finding a job. also God provides a plethora of wild animals so you don't go hungry!
The bad thing is I can't work anymore. It really bothers me having to depend on family for support. I know that they don't mind but I've always made it by myself. Guess I'm lucky to have family that cares so much for me but it's going to take some time to get use to not working. God will see me through though. Thanks for all of the ideas. This is the best forum on the net with some great guys and gals. Hope that everyone has a great season!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Spike

peanut butter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.