Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Burned out spot ?

Old 09-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Spike

You can also buy reflective trail markers that push right into a tree like a thumb tack, or they make them in a twist-tie form too. hit them with a dim flashlight and it is like a runway going into your stand. Works for me!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thebioplanet

lot of crop, i use scent control sometime but not every time, i wear those under armour 10x longer undergarments for scent control but honestly not sure about that, i also wear rubber boots
Id move your stand closer to the creek if possible or closer to the clover field edge...rubber boots can leave a smell too...you can get some buck bomb spray and spray the bottom of your boots that helps too...use doe pee

Last edited by Wilcam47; 09-24-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:16 AM
Spike

I would use that stand as an evening stand, and one of your other easier to find stands in the morning. I doubt it is burned out but maybe you pushed them coming in.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with MZS. I have places that are "Morning" places and "Afternoon" places. Some of them you could sit every morning for two weeks and see nothing. In the afternoon you would see deer every day. Walk in in the daylight. I have been doing that during rifle season for years and it usually works out O.K.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Spike

Today i went to my stand at 2 to refresh my bait and clear the path to the stand to find it easily in the dark and be more silent. To my surprise i jumped 5 deer feeding @ the bait.
including my buck, nice.... its hard to hoot with a 50 lbs of oat in your hand, i didnt have a real shot anyways.

Hopefully they will be back
Old 09-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Spike

also a bit too relaxed for my taste lol
Old 09-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's good...don't be discouraged, keep the bait fresh and clear the path and you get something! Good luck!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried using "bright eyes" to assist you in locating the stand? Some folks do not care to go in with a light, but these show up with with very low intensity lighting. Clearng a path is an excellent piece of advice.

Or you could GPS the location. There are gobs of inexpensive GPS apps for smart phones, and decent hand held units are not that expensive these days.