Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Meat Wagon

Old 11-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jcrobra
Here's what the meat wagon looks like loaded down with 3 deer. While it was capable, it sure was heavy!

What a grin. I smell venison cookin
Old 11-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very clever!!! Yer a heck of a lot more ambitious than I am... One of my meat wagons has 3 wheels, another has 4 wheels, and the third has 2 skis, and a track... Oh, and they all have engines... That's because I'm too damn old to lug 3 deer out like you did!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

You put a ladder stand up every time you hunt? I move mine maybe once every two years and its still a PIA. In fact the last time I almost got crushed in the process!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Dude, you're a freakin' GENIUS!

That's Beautiful, man. That's the only word for it

You ought to think about trying to get on "Shark Tank" with it!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
You put a ladder stand up every time you hunt? I move mine maybe once every two years and its still a PIA. In fact the last time I almost got crushed in the process!
Not every time. In this case it was a 2 day management hunt and we had to have our stands out by the end of the day so the timing couldn't have been better.

This year I rigged up a boat winch that I strap to a tree. Just hook the winch to the stand and crank it up. I too had the "getting crushed by a ladder stand" experience. Hence the winch
Old 11-27-2013, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Grawlix
Dude, you're a freakin' GENIUS!

That's Beautiful, man. That's the only word for it

You ought to think about trying to get on "Shark Tank" with it!
Thank you, thank you...I'm blushing

My cousin and I did this to all of our ladder stands. If I could find an affordable supply of wheels I would go to market with it! So far all my wheels have cost a whopping total of $2 on a garage sale. Wheel chair wheels seem to be the best because you don't have to worry about them going flat and they're pretty darn sturdy. But bike tires get the job done just fine.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

...and the ladder support even pushes in your gut for that special photo for the ladies!

Yup, pure genius
Old 11-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NEhomer
...and the ladder support even pushes in your gut for that special photo for the ladies!

Yup, pure genius
HA! I didn't notice that until you said something. It does has a slimming effect doesn't it?
Old 11-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NEhomer

Yup, pure genius
When I first saw that I had to do a double take... At first I thought that the ladder was being twisted... Then I thought it was brilliant because it gave him a solid point of contact for pushing!!!