Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Unique Buck (3 main beams) pic >

Unique Buck (3 main beams) pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Unique Buck (3 main beams) pic

Old 10-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Spike

IMHO, it's possible that he's 2 in that pic, but I think you're right. He's 1 1/2 in that earlier pic of him. He looks awfully young, and it's just my gut here, but the antlers also lead me to believe he's 1 1/2 then. Of course there are a ton of factors that effect antler growth. As I said, I think you're spot on though.

I read an article about a guy in Oklahoma that shot a 200" deer that was aged by two different biologists at 2 1/2... I think your 3 beamed beauty was just a big 1 1/2.

Im sure I speak for everyone when I say that we're all pulling for you to stick that guy!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

He definitely looks like a 1.5 in the day time picture. The very next year, we got the two night time pics of him. We was behind the cabin for about an hour so we got to see every angle of him through the binos. Hard to see everything, basically, a mainframe 5X4 with an extra brow on the right side, a 3rd mainbeam that is basically a big spike and a brow on the left side that grows forward, in and forks like a caribou bez. He had 7 points at 1.5, then 12 points at 2.5.

The way he picked up so much bone between his first two sets of antlers, and the completely non-typical turn the rack is taking, leads me to think he could have really put on some major bone with his 4th set.

We've got pics of him out in completely overgrown clear cuts so seeing any deer is tough. But, there's always a chance that the next buck we see is him. The 1.5 picture was taken about 100-150 yards from my stand.