Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Let's see pics of your hunting blinds! >

Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!

Old 07-13-2019, 02:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
That's a fine looking set up OT. Any pictures of the interior?? And what brand is that?

Seeing those fall woods makes me want to get out there and hunt!

-Jake

No I haven taken any pics of the inside, it is 6 feet high and 6 feet wide, has a carpeted floor I installed an led light in the ceiling. The windows can be raised and lowered with one fnger and are completely silent, right now I have two chairs inside, the door locks. It is a 360 brand tower stand, you can google them. I am looking forward archery season.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you need a hunting buddy out there.

I wont do any archery in PA this year. No time with my Wyoming antelope hunt. But will get out for bear at least a few days and then rifle season I have 8 days off to hunt.

Enjoy that blind it looks nice

-Jake
Old 07-13-2019, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunterdave69
How do you even start to build these? Plans?
There are lots of plans available online. But a simple box blind is easy to build. 6x8 or 8x10 is PLENTY big for 2 people to hunt out of.

You can also go the route of buying a blind like OT did. More expensive than building, but has everything ready to go for you and you don't have to worry about fitting windows and doors etc. Also it's made out of stuff that'll probably last forever.

Wood, if properly cared for, lasts a long time. But I would guess that blind of OTs would outlast most of us.

-Jake
Old 07-13-2019, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Sounds like you need a hunting buddy out there.

I wont do any archery in PA this year. No time with my Wyoming antelope hunt. But will get out for bear at least a few days and then rifle season I have 8 days off to hunt.

Enjoy that blind it looks nice

-Jake
Thanks, I hope to enjoy the stand. Good luck in Wyoming for antelope. That is on my bucket list, I better hurry.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Spike

I've been hunting for nearly 50 years and have spent my share of time in open stands in rain, wind, snow and below zero weather. Finally 4 years ago I wised up and built this blind for my self.
It's 6'6"x8'. Walls insulated to R15, floor to R21 and Roof to about R30. The underside is lined with sheet metal to seal the mice/critters out.
I watched the free section on craigslist and got everything to build it for free. I did pay $60 for the sliding windows for it.
Best part is I trenched in plastic conduit for 110v power to it so it's heated.
I built it here at home and hauled it up to our property on my trailer.
It sits on a promontory about 13' above the floor of an old gravel pit where I keep a deer plot.
Here are a few photos of it.
Hmmm, I can't seem to figure out this forum software to upload a couple of photos.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:16 PM
Spike

try again.
Nope. Only lets me ul one photo.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!-100_12921_zpsfd79ffea.jpg  

Last edited by Ultradog MN; 10-02-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Any deer would be proud to be shot out of that one Ultra

-Jake
Old 10-03-2019, 02:09 AM
Spike

Thanks Jake.
sometimes my wife comes out there with me.
Here's a photo of her in the blind.
You can see she's hunting hard.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!-100_14561_zps469d22dc-1.jpg  
Old 10-03-2019, 03:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good looking blind Ultra. No electric in my 360 but I have a Mr Heater that will more than keep me warm.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's mine set up in my back yard. My daughter co-opted it for her tea parties. The carbine (loaded with Underwood 9mm+P+ 124gr Speer Gold dot bonded core JHP) is for use against any interloping black bears. They seem to think my back yard is a bear super highway, so dad maintains continuous overwatch whenever she is outside playing.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!-hunting-blind.jpg  

Last edited by Valorius; 10-03-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.