Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Let's see pics of your hunting blinds! >

Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!

Old 09-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Here is my main rifle season deer blind. It was nicknamed the "Eiffel Tower", by my hunting partners.

The metal tower is 18' at the top of the stairs, and the box blind is 6' x 6' with 7' tall internal height sloping down to 6'6".

First couple photos are from right after we built it.

" />

( I now have camoflauged the window trim since these photos were taken, but only have this recent picture.)

The next couple photos show what it looks like from my trail cameras.

Last few photos show the view from the stand.

To the North East

East view

South East view

South View

West View

I now have a solar panel on this stand, to power my cell phone, portable TV (for the football games), and laptop. (I check my trail camera cards when I go for a quick walk around lunchtime.)
I also have a big buddy propane heater, and a propane camping oven/stove inside.
My brother and bro-n-law usually walk over to join me for lunch during the season (they love a hot meal) And the older guys (70's) and the youngsters love sitting in my stand when I'm not in it. Allows them to sit longer than normal.

Last season, I hunted all 9 days of the gun season from it, with 5 of those days being dusk to dawn. It is really comfortable, and I plan on hunting it the rest of my life.

Last edited by Dampland; 10-27-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: had to redo picture links
Old 09-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

How in the heck do you ad photos????
Old 09-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Spike

Default Ground Blind Roof Collapse

Anyone ever have issues with their ground blind roof collapsing and busting it all to heck? I love hunting out of ground blinds but have had this issue many times. I'm looking at a product on cabela's called the Blind Saver System...anyone use this system? Here's a link to it...Looks like it would solve the problem...any thoughts?

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/searc...oducts&x=0&y=0
Old 09-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

the only one I have a pic of...you can see it in the back ground,it's my wifes blind..
Attached Thumbnails Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!-pict0171.jpg   Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!-pict0245.jpg  
Old 09-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by theshark
How in the heck do you ad photos????
Shark, I loaded my pictures onto a free website called "Webshots", and then once loaded on that site, it gives you the URL for that picture.

Then on this website, you click on the little yellow box with the sun and mountain in it, and paste your webshots url into that box.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

Ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!-blind1.jpg   Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!-blind2.jpg  
Old 09-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Dampland
Shark, I loaded my pictures onto a free website called "Webshots", and then once loaded on that site, it gives you the URL for that picture.

Then on this website, you click on the little yellow box with the sun and mountain in it, and paste your webshots url into that box.
Thank you.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BlindHunterKS
Anyone ever have issues with their ground blind roof collapsing and busting it all to heck? I love hunting out of ground blinds but have had this issue many times. I'm looking at a product on cabela's called the Blind Saver System...anyone use this system? Here's a link to it...Looks like it would solve the problem...any thoughts?

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/searc...oducts&x=0&y=0
I just ordered one from Cabelas for my blind.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

10 feet in the trees, Hicory. Nxt pic shows it is almost invisible from the other side.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 10-10-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have been working on a new one. It is from 90% recycled material.
Have had the platform up for about a month but other duty's that must be done before cold weather (below 45F) has kept me from making the box part to put on the platform.

Ripped 2x4's into 1 1/2 for the frame work. installed a plastic corrugated board that is a fast food drive way sign, over that I installed some steel I recovered in a building tear down I helped a guy do. Also have some steel a friend gave me who used to build pole barns before 2009.

This side will face west.

This is the south facing which will be the front of the blind with some of the steel on.

Looking in the door, plan is to paint the insides so I don't get hunger from just sitting and thinking of the sandwiches coffee and donuts.

The roof is also steel on purlins. I am using that expanding foam to cover the bottom. It will cut down on the noise of rain and also help retain heat in the blind. No picture of that part yet.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.