Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer as predators?

Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

That's why you can NEVER be to sure and that's why I always go armed in the woods! You just NEVER know when a sabretooth buck might decide you look mighty tasty...
Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Psylocide
I wouldn't label them as predators so much... these sound more like meals of opportunity, which I would liken more to scavengers.

**EDIT**

Wow this thread is displaying weird. fishhound created it, but HatchieLuvr has the first post.

Don't know how that would happen.
Psy I was wondering wth was goin on? I noticed that to and thought maybe since I'm on my wifes computer that somehow it had something to do with it so I looked on my options and nothings changed there. Then I just replied to another thread and again it put me on top.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

LOL! It did it again.

I'd PM a mod... apparently you just think you're king sh*t!
Well I AM pretty dadgum good, I need to make me wife look at this just so she'll KNOW that I'm as good as I say I am!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Oh hey... it has something to do with your time stamp.

Every time you post, it's actually displaying 45min - 1 hour before the ACTUAL time you posted.

Very interesting.
Well I'm in west TN (Central/Elvis Time) and CST/Mexico City is what it shows on my acct.

The thingamabob is on and the rigamajig is makin noise, that's about the extent of my computer skillz! Anything past that and I call in my 17yr old guru...
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Spike

Default Deer as predators?

We have all probably seen the video of a deer eating a bird and wondered why in the world the deer would do that. I personally thought it just aggravated the deer enough or something. I read this article this morning that sheds a little bit of light on why deer would actually do this. Article
Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't label them as predators so much... these sound more like meals of opportunity, which I would liken more to scavengers.

**EDIT**

Wow this thread is displaying weird. fishhound created it, but HatchieLuvr has the first post.

Don't know how that would happen.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
Psy I was wondering wth was goin on? I noticed that to and thought maybe since I'm on my wifes computer that somehow it had something to do with it so I looked on my options and nothings changed there. Then I just replied to another thread and again it put me on top.
LOL! It did it again.

I'd PM a mod... apparently you just think you're king sh*t, we're just the lowly peasants beneath you.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I AM pretty dadgum good, I need to make me wife look at this just so she'll KNOW that I'm as good as I say I am!!!
Oh hey... it has something to do with your time stamp.

Every time you post, it's actually displaying 45min - 1 hour before the ACTUAL time you posted.

Very interesting.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm in west TN (Central/Elvis Time) and CST/Mexico City is what it shows on my acct.

The thingamabob is on and the rigamajig is makin noise, that's about the extent of my computer skillz! Anything past that and I call in my 17yr old guru...
That's the weird part about it.

All timestamps for all posts that are displayed are in my timezone (central) because that's the option that I have selected.

The fact that yours are timestamped about 50 or so minutes before EVERYONE else... means that you are basically posting "in the past" as far as Huntingnet.com is concerned.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Interesting quandary.

Let me see what i can find out on my end. Im not affiliated with HNI in anyway but i might be able to help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.