Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Bombs

Old 09-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Spike

Default Buck Bombs

Hello everyone! I'm just looking for some reviews on the Buck Bombs. I have the sugar beet smash one and gave a shot tonight. Anyone ever have good luck with these? Including the estrous or acorn rage ones? Thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have sugar beets where you hunt?
Old 09-18-2013, 03:04 AM
Spike

No I don't, that's why im a little skeptical about it haha
Old 09-18-2013, 03:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Turkeyman30
No I don't, that's why im a little skeptical about it haha
Dang, that's funny right there...

I've had luck with the estrus, during the rut...I don't set it off and put it on the ground though...I get to an area early, spray on leaves and branches so the scent is carried through and area I suspect a buck is using...Then I jack up a tree and wait...
Old 09-18-2013, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly had family get me a few for presents but I am skeptical on whether they work.

When hunting i try to set up so the deer cant wind me. Not set up and hope to entice one from down wind. I dont think it will work unless its the estrus and rut, might convince them its worth it.

The beat or acorn im not sure as i got dozens of oaks and the deer already know they are there (Acorns i mean) so what would the smell really do. Making it more fragrant i dont think will convince them to eat earlier. Beats really not sure it could be like a salt lick it being a more unique thing. All in all i treat these the same as the powders or a pile of corn. The deer will come when they come it wont bring them any earlier but it will entice them to a particular spot no different then a pile of bait.

Except the estrus one or dominate buck one those may entice a deer to move which is a natural reaction.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

The trick to it is to set off to one side, one area I hunt is the edge of a swamp, to entice them to come my way, I use the estrus...Another area of one of our properties is bordered by a cutover...When the wind is right, I spray parallel to the cutover and let the scent drift into the area...I also go past my stand with the scent...This way it draws the deer out, trying to find the doe, so it actually keeps them from getting down wind of me...

I use climbers so I can put myself where I need to be...Also, the scent is still there after you leave so it attracts deer while you are gone...This deer was killed after the third day of using these tactics...Funny thing is, we never caught him on camera...

Oh yea, this is from Gates County...

Last edited by nchawkeye; 09-18-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a small buck from the same farm...The camera was set up a couple of days before and estrus was sprayed on the over hanging branch...He left a scrape under that branch...

Old 09-18-2013, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

I've used both acorn and estrus and don't recall having success with either. I have had some success with other estrus scents. On the other hand, I've tried other non-estrus (acorn and apple, primarily) with no success), so I agree with OlSaltyDog, estrus scent during the rut works sometimes, I'd be skeptical of anything else.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use the Doe P for a cover sent when walking to my stand. Once there have used it if one gets down wind of me to try and through them off with mixed results depending on the maturity of the Deer and how bad I smell after getting to my stand. Don't use it much when its real cold though for that purpose.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Spike

Thanks for the answers everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.