Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Bombs

Old 09-19-2013, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

When my kids were 4 and 5, they set off a buck bomb in the house. A doe in estrous one. I was awful. I scrubbed all the walls with bleach and vinegar, had to shampoo the rugs, all the windows open all day. I eventually got the smell out of the house, but it was bad!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
When my kids were 4 and 5, they set off a buck bomb in the house. A doe in estrous one. I was awful. I scrubbed all the walls with bleach and vinegar, had to shampoo the rugs, all the windows open all day. I eventually got the smell out of the house, but it was bad!!!!
Oh i know how that feels. Wont get into the full story but picked up a dog in the road covered in doe urine. Took him around the area looking for owner but never found one but needless to say smelled stayed in the truck for weeks. Go to work smelling like deer piss.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
have used it if one gets down wind of me to try and through them off with mixed results.
I never thought of using after I see a deer -- I always just sprayed some cover scent when I got to the stand. What to you do, keep a spray bottle handy and just give it a blast into the air if you see a deer down wind?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Turkeyman30
No I don't, that's why im a little skeptical about it haha
Personal but I wouldn't use a scent that wasn't indigenous to the area.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had good luck more than once with Tinks smoke sticks during the rut.The only thing I ever found that works.