Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How to safely observe wild deer! >

How to safely observe wild deer!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to safely observe wild deer!

Old 08-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default How to safely observe wild deer!

http://www.wikihow.com/Safely-Observe-Wild-Deer

Make sure and read the Warnings as well!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 AM
HIN
Spike

This doesn't seem so well documented. If it were that easy, then hunters would catch many much deer a day and they would even become extinct...
Old 08-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HIN
This doesn't seem so well documented. If it were that easy, then hunters would catch many much deer a day and they would even become extinct...
Not the way current conservation programs are run... available tags would be reduced and prices would be increased. If there was even a hint that whitetail deer would become extinct, extreme measures would be taken to ensure their survival.

But... yes, that is a dumb article.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess if they are talking about deer in an urban setting that might work.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:18 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Reading this article and also the one on how to stalk a deer at wikihow.com/Stalk-a-Deer makes you cringe. These people obviously never spent any time in a truly wild setting around wild deer nor do they know a thing about real deer behavior. Yet they write about it as if they do, making up stuff as they write. And people reading it by and large believe it. One thing they state is true, however: deer that are conditioned to humans can be down right dangerous. Also, bucks in rut (in the wild) can be dangerous as well. I get out running, and on the very rare occasion that a deer shows no fear, I grab a hand full of rocks and get ready to go on the offensive if needed - only has happened a few times in over 30 years.

Last edited by MZS; 08-31-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

I think that advice would be illegal by me. No baiting or feeding. And not good for the deer in any cad infested area due to disease transmission...
Old 08-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Be right back I'm gonna go lay some grass under my deer stand for them to sleep on
Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ChasinTail
Be right back I'm gonna go lay some grass under my deer stand for them to sleep on
I heard Kentucky Blue grass is what most prefer.