Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13 >

what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13

Old 09-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
Someone once said there are 58, 682 reasons for not joining a hunting lease.
Then I saw it was from Georgia. You have to add a lot more onto the total.
Good luck to anybody in Georgia.
And how !!!!!!
Been there, got the t-shirt.
Trouble is there isn't much choice in GA. Get in a club or hunt public land which is scarce and very crowded.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:05 AM
Spike

I probably would have cut the lock first thing, but after reading about your experience, it seems you went about it the best way. No one can fault you for how you went about it.

Good hunting
Old 11-12-2015, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nosfedgta
Thanks for all the replies everyone. ?I called a guy who knows one of the members and his response was nope he aint getting the new lock code! I said ok no problem ill handle this my way. To answer some questions yes the cabin is mine 100%

So I called the timber company and explained the situation to him. At first the guy I spoke with was kinda surprised that this was even going on. I explained everything to him.. the calls, texts, etc. The he said well here I will give you the combination to our lock. I said well thanks, but your lock is not linked to ours "theirs" and said really why is that.. I said well a while back they cut the link out of yours on all the gates. He asked why and told him the truth and the truth was they president didn't like the fact that people had access to the property.. Well The guy from the timber company didn't like that at all.. He then say well... you go up there cut that chain and get your stuff out! I will be up there in a while to cut it again and re-connect my locks anyway...!! lolol

So I did just that!! and wouldn't you know it my phone rang shortly after... I did the same thing that was done to me.. just let it ring and go to voicemail..lol.. I did get a nice message about cutting the chain, leaving the place unlocked, etc,..
I got my stuff, got it at my new camp and I am so glad to be out of that drama!
Glad you got your stuff back.
After being intentionally blown off in the past I would return a call in regards to the message that was left.
I'd tell the guy I didn't know what he was talkin about, and if someone stole my cabin he is going to be responsible for it!... That's just the way I roll!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

One thing i wouldn't do is resurrect an old post to say what I would have done in a situation that happened a few years ago.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
One thing i wouldn't do is resurrect an old post to say what I would have done in a situation that happened a few years ago.
That really is a peeve of your isn't it?
(poke with a stick thingy)

Last edited by tndrbstr; 11-12-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually hate that too. What I've noticed, its usually a brand new member, or sometimes a spammer.
Funny thing is, many times the members they are replying to are long gone.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by tndrbstr
That really is a peeve of your isn't it?
Yep. There is a reason threads die. Leave them dead. No reason to dig stuff up when you can just do a new post.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Who knows how or why a thread comes back from the archives. Could be a legitimate reason or not. Just because a thread is old doesn't mean it has no redeeming values at all.
I do know I have seen some entertaining dialog come from the dead zone. That alone makes them fun for me, apparently YMMV.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
Good to know.