Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13 >

what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13

Old 08-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
nosfedtga,

I can relate to your experience. I lived in GA once and had a similar problem with a rotten club down on the Oconee River.

I sent a PM with some of my details. I feel your pain.
I never got your pm...
Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

wow crazy story, glad it worked out. Don't think ill be joining any hunting clubs.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 AM
HIN
Spike

This must have been really brain racking. I would have waited to proceed with the legal stuff to get my property back, but you did the right thing, in the most efficient way. Glad to hear everything's ok now.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear it all worked out. Yeah i was curious about the lock situation myself. Here in NC/ SC when you lease from a timber company all the hunt clubs use the same locks put on by the timber company. Most of the Timber companies wont like it much if you swap out there locks and prevent them from accessing their land. That it unless you contract it with them and negotiate the lock situation.

Also we have a few Hunt Clubs that are like that. They believe everything is a communal property as long as it suits them but once you try to isolate your belongings they get a stick up their butts about everything.

Word of advice lease your own timber lands with a few buddies. Most hunt club fees are increased to help pay for things you might not use so going this route would allow yourself and your buddies to only put in what you really want. If you join another club probably see if they have a contract for all members to cover any possible issue like personal property disputes. Most of the really good clubs will keep a list of personal property and who it belongs to listed with the contract of what they expect out of the hunters.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

So I did just that!! and wouldn't you know it my phone rang shortly after... I did the same thing that was done to me.. just let it ring and go to voicemail..lol.. I did get a nice message about cutting the chain, leaving the place unlocked, etc,..

I got my stuff, got it at my new camp and I am so glad to be out of that drama!
Good on you. Glad you got your cabin back.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome. Glad to hear things went well. I would have loved to seen his face when he saw the chain cut. hahaha serves him right. I've found most club presidents don't know what they're doing when it comes to organizing a successful hunting club. Stay safe shoot straight.

Last edited by deernutz; 08-26-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

So I did just that!! and wouldn't you know it my phone rang shortly after... I did the same thing that was done to me.. just let it ring and go to voicemail..lol.. I did get a nice message about cutting the chain, leaving the place unlocked, etc,..

I got my stuff, got it at my new camp and I am so glad to be out of that drama![/QUOTE]

That is hilarious! I would have answerd the phone for two reasons, first to show him I wasnt a punk like him and most of all the enjoyment of listening to him crying like a little girl!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

So after hearing a few things through the "grape vine" I now hear that I owe him some $$$ and he is gonna have a little chat with me... still waiting on that. So onto some new findings for me!!!!!! I found out where the timber company was located and went down there today to talk with them about leasing some more land from them. They have great prices and are great to deal with. After I walk in I heard the voice from the gentleman that I talked to on the phone that told me to go get my stuff. I walk over and introduce myself and we end up talking for a few mins about hunting, property, and then he pauses and says have you heard anything back from those guys?? Im like yeah but its no big deal. I got my stuff and its over. He says well what are they saying so I gave him a short run down.... He then says well im not sure why you would owe anything because your lease didn't end until 8/31/2013!!!!!!!!!!! im like oh really.. He says yup all of our leases end on 8/31 every year! so now im even more mad than I was because of all the grief I went through, the money it cost me, being told I owe money for keeping the cabin there to long, and then to find out the lock was changed before the lease was up!!!

So I have to say if we do run into each other at some point I will be glad to share this info with him.. and if he does bring up money I will be glad to say yeah there is some money owed. You owe me for the first tow truck that showed up that I had to pay for even though they did not haul my cabin cause you changed the locks!!!!

Gota love people who just make up rules as they go.. Im so glad to be out of there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew
Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

He sounds like a creep. Hope he likes bird hunting. Cause I'd have one ready for him.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default oh lordy

Someone once said there are 58, 682 reasons for not joining a hunting lease.
Then I saw it was from Georgia. You have to add a lot more onto the total.
Good luck to anybody in Georgia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.