Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13 >

what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13

Old 08-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default what would you do? "updated" 9/11/13

Ok so here is a scenario. You were in a hunting club for 4 years. You helped out the club by paying extra $$ towards the club dues to help the club president so he doesn't have to shell out so much out of his pocket to keep the land. You do this 2 times.

This year you get out of the club because of to much hunting club drama. You want to get your hunting cabin, but cant because of all the rain in the area and the dirt roads are just tore up.. It finally doesn't rain for 5 days straight you pay a tow truck to follow you out there to get the cabin and there is a new lock on the gate and you cant get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You call, text, VM, and get no response. You do this for a few days and get nothing. so now your out some cash, cant get cabin, and cant get any response! So do you wait for a response? call the timber company who owns the land? or just go and cut the chain and get your stuff???

Last edited by nosfedgta; 09-11-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure You have a Reciept or proof of Purchase that You bought the Cabin.....talk with the Sheriff's Dept and take them with You to get the Cabin You state is Your Property!

I've known People that have gotten into serious trouble for trespassing to get their property/belongings also know of others that we're shot and killed because of an angry Spouse or former Friend that felt they were in the right and were protecting their Home or Property.

Don't take the Law into Your own hands or break in to get Your Cabin.....do it safely and honestly!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Or go in at 2am with bolt cutters... but that may be a little rash. GTO's idea may be better.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't count on law enforcement to help you much. I probably would have cut the lock the first day.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are still entitled to be on that property and you can prove the thing is yours, cut the lock and get it. It sounds like there will be more drama at the Club before this is all over!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

nosfedtga,

I can relate to your experience. I lived in GA once and had a similar problem with a rotten club down on the Oconee River.

I sent a PM with some of my details. I feel your pain.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

From my understanding the logging company may own the land but they dont want to get involved with anything the hunt clubs do unless lawenforcement contacts them for problems on the land then they have been known to cut the contracts and evict everyone from the land.

Best bet may be to contact another member of the club.

Curious but have to know. Was the cabin used as a communal property or did you use it exclusively?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was stationed in SC I belonged to a couple clubs too. Some not so good clubs. That freaking lock problem is a problem with almost any club.They usually change the lock every year. I wouldn’t make a bigger problem out of it. Just call another member to meet you there to let you in while he accompanies you to get your cabin. I wouldn’t cut the lock. If you still can't get a hold of anyone you might have to knock on the club president’s door. Good luck. Dang those locks. Always a pain.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would cut the lock and get my property back. just document (keep the records of the calls, texts and VMs). Assuming your texts and VMs have stated you are wishing to retrieve YOUR property, you have made reasonable effort to contact them.it can be assumed that you are being ignored.

Put another lock on when leaving and leave your contact info so you do not leave the property unsecured.

Respond to any inquiries with the sme respect you were afforded if need be.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the replies everyone. ?I called a guy who knows one of the members and his response was nope he aint getting the new lock code! I said ok no problem ill handle this my way. To answer some questions yes the cabin is mine 100%

So I called the timber company and explained the situation to him. At first the guy I spoke with was kinda surprised that this was even going on. I explained everything to him.. the calls, texts, etc. The he said well here I will give you the combination to our lock. I said well thanks, but your lock is not linked to ours "theirs" and said really why is that.. I said well a while back they cut the link out of yours on all the gates. He asked why and told him the truth and the truth was they president didn't like the fact that people had access to the property.. Well The guy from the timber company didn't like that at all.. He then say well... you go up there cut that chain and get your stuff out! I will be up there in a while to cut it again and re-connect my locks anyway...!! lolol

So I did just that!! and wouldn't you know it my phone rang shortly after... I did the same thing that was done to me.. just let it ring and go to voicemail..lol.. I did get a nice message about cutting the chain, leaving the place unlocked, etc,..

I got my stuff, got it at my new camp and I am so glad to be out of that drama!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.