HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What do y'all think? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/384132-what-do-yall-think.html)

lewisstafford 08-16-2013 08:48 AM

What do y'all think?

1 Attachment(s)
Got this guy three times already can't wait for season.

BarnesX.308 08-16-2013 09:17 AM

When guys talk about waiting until next year, I think this:

How do you know you will even get to see him in the woods this year? Let alone, finding him again next year? :D

Psylocide 08-16-2013 09:47 AM

That's a great rack, but looks like he could pack on a few more pounds with another year.

That said, I wouldn't pass him up if he walked by.

Thunderchicken217 08-16-2013 10:12 AM

Didn't realize marijuana was such a good food plot plant.......Lol....Jk, I know its not but kind of looked like it when I first seen it. I agree with Barnes, unless you live in an area where he is just an avg or below avg deer. I personally dont have that luxury and he'd be jerky for sure.

henson59 08-16-2013 01:07 PM

I like to let deer mature but when it comes down to it I have one rule when it comes to giving bucks a pass. I don't care how old he is if he is clearly bigger then anything I have on the wall then I am laying the hammer down! And I sure as heck don't have something like him on my wall so I would shoot him for sure.

Now if you are lucky enough to have put a few studs on the ground then maybe you do let him walk until next year to put on some more weight and mass on him. But most of us aren't that lucky :)

Wilcam47 08-16-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by henson59 (Post 4073433)
I like to let deer mature but when it comes down to it I have one rule when it comes to giving bucks a pass. I don't care how old he is if he is clearly bigger then anything I have on the wall then I am laying the hammer down! And I sure as heck don't have something like him on my wall so I would shoot him for sure.

Now if you are lucky enough to have put a few studs on the ground then maybe you do let him walk until next year to put on some more weight and mass on him. But most of us aren't that lucky :)

Yeah exactly! Also who's to say the next guy wont pass on it and you don't get it anyhow...I like trophy's but don't specifically go for them... they aren't endangered species

lewisstafford 08-16-2013 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's his daddy! It's 80 acres in Granbury Tx

MZS 08-16-2013 02:40 PM

Pass on him? That's a good one :happy0157:

Savage Sniper 08-16-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by lewisstafford (Post 4073445)
Here's his daddy! It's 80 acres in Granbury Tx

if you have something like that on your farm, he may be worth passing a decent buck.

jakeman3327 08-16-2013 06:59 PM

I think most guys around me would drop him on site... So to speak.