Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Would you harvest?
Pass on him till next year
4.00%
Give him the axe
96.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

What do y'all think?

Old 08-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Spike

Default What do y'all think?

Got this guy three times already can't wait for season.
Attached Thumbnails What do y'all think?-image.jpg  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

When guys talk about waiting until next year, I think this:

How do you know you will even get to see him in the woods this year? Let alone, finding him again next year?
Old 08-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a great rack, but looks like he could pack on a few more pounds with another year.

That said, I wouldn't pass him up if he walked by.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Didn't realize marijuana was such a good food plot plant.......Lol....Jk, I know its not but kind of looked like it when I first seen it. I agree with Barnes, unless you live in an area where he is just an avg or below avg deer. I personally dont have that luxury and he'd be jerky for sure.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

I like to let deer mature but when it comes down to it I have one rule when it comes to giving bucks a pass. I don't care how old he is if he is clearly bigger then anything I have on the wall then I am laying the hammer down! And I sure as heck don't have something like him on my wall so I would shoot him for sure.

Now if you are lucky enough to have put a few studs on the ground then maybe you do let him walk until next year to put on some more weight and mass on him. But most of us aren't that lucky
Old 08-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by henson59
I like to let deer mature but when it comes down to it I have one rule when it comes to giving bucks a pass. I don't care how old he is if he is clearly bigger then anything I have on the wall then I am laying the hammer down! And I sure as heck don't have something like him on my wall so I would shoot him for sure.

Now if you are lucky enough to have put a few studs on the ground then maybe you do let him walk until next year to put on some more weight and mass on him. But most of us aren't that lucky
Yeah exactly! Also who's to say the next guy wont pass on it and you don't get it anyhow...I like trophy's but don't specifically go for them... they aren't endangered species
Old 08-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Spike

Here's his daddy! It's 80 acres in Granbury Tx
Attached Thumbnails What do y'all think?-image.jpg  
Old 08-16-2013, 02:40 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Pass on him? That's a good one
Old 08-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lewisstafford
Here's his daddy! It's 80 acres in Granbury Tx
if you have something like that on your farm, he may be worth passing a decent buck.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Spike

I think most guys around me would drop him on site... So to speak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.