Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got my Viper Ultra today

Old 09-26-2003, 01:18 PM

Default Got my Viper Ultra today

Ups just arrived. Everything looks good. Only thing I can see that I don' t like is the scratches all over the bars but that will happen in the woods anyways so it doesn' t really matter . Going to test it out tomorow. Thanks for helping me pick this stand . Watching the video now.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:09 PM

Default RE: Got my Viper Ultra today

Happy hunting! -- CDH
Old 09-28-2003, 04:38 PM

Thanks. I tested it out this weekend and it is very comfortable, just what I was looking for .
Old 09-29-2003, 03:35 PM

i also climbed my new viper xls this weekend and man is that thing comfortable!!! and quiet!!! Im just not used to setting it up yet because those cables go every way but the way I want them to.. but i love it
Old 09-29-2003, 06:01 PM

The past few deer seasons I have been sitting on the ground for around 10 hours a day on a hillside and I am glad I am done doing that . I didn' t have a problem with my cables, they were stiff enough so they went where I directed them. I don' t sit and climb like it says to, I climb like you would climb on a standing climber because it gets you up the tree a little quicker. Like you said, it is really quiet. I make more noise climbing into a ladder stand then I do when I climb with this. Worth every penny .
Old 09-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a new XLS on the way, should get it tomorrow, I had a time in deciding between the Ultra and the XLS, The Ultra would be nice but I could' nt see giving 40 Bucks for a rest and foot prop but I' m kind of a tight-wad I guess.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:58 AM

The rest and foot prop probably wouldn' t be needed for most but I need the rest cause I shake bad when I see a deer[X(].
Old 10-01-2003, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL purep, alot of us do, I will probably wish I had gotten the Ultra and would have but they were out of stock and it would' ve taken several extra days to get it, I did get a great deal on the XLS though, 202.11 tax included.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:14 PM

I paid a lot for mine cause I had to have it shipped . $259.99 for the stand, $11.99 for the Primos Big Buck Grunter and $28.02 for shipping . It was worth every penny . I think you can buy the rest and foot prop seperatly. I think I will buy the vest they advertise on the video you get with the stand cause this body harness gets messy and I can' t tell which way is which.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got mine yesterday and part of it was missing, I did' nt have the bag full of goodies that was suppose to be with it,all that I got with it was the camo rail cover and arm rest covers, I will get ahold of them today and try to get the rest of it. I did try it out though, seems to be just about what I wanted since I have never had a climber before.

Is there suppose to be a strap and rachet to secure it to the tree also after you get it set where you want it? I know most others do furnish one.

Quick Reply: Got my Viper Ultra today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.