Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

the buck i just cant get!

Old 08-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did not read every post but I read yours. You are in a tricky situation.

If you can find the time to escape from your daily activities, Work, family, kids, etc.

Spend 3 solid days in the stand where you know he hangs out. Either early season when he is relaxed feeding, or during the rut.

He knows the sound of car doors, and he knows when things are out of his comfort zone.

Slip in and spend 3 full days in the stand. Good Luck!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MichiganWhitetails74
I did not read every post but I read yours. You are in a tricky situation.

If you can find the time to escape from your daily activities, Work, family, kids, etc.

Spend 3 solid days in the stand where you know he hangs out. Either early season when he is relaxed feeding, or during the rut.

He knows the sound of car doors, and he knows when things are out of his comfort zone.

Slip in and spend 3 full days in the stand. Good Luck!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

I also am from South Jersey and i understand your frustration about these big ol' swamp bucks. They don't get that big by being dumb that's for sure. Your best bet is time in the stand, your already doing something right if you see him consistently through the season. you just gotta figure out the last couple pieces of the puzzle and get on him and make it count, there most likely won't be a second slip up on his part when you send an arrow over his back. Hopefully this isn't the same 12 I've been watching down in CM County
Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Spike

Default 12 pointer

18 acres is not a lotta land. They are hearing you and your truck.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

there is a decent size field with soybeans and another piece of woods before i get to my land. i park pretty far away from where i hunt and always stay as quiet as possible with my jeep.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

yea i think my best bet is to just get comfy and stay in the stand . might have to use my summit climber caus my tree stand isnt all that comfortable ha. ...where at in south jersey are you ?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Roger ragil like him or not had a saying that was very true.persistance is the womb in which sucsess is carried full term.