Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My First Kill (sort of)

Old 08-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Spike

Talking My First Kill (sort of)

Today is my first day on this site and I wanted to share a funny story about my first kill with you.

I just gotten out of the Marines after 4 faithful years and went hunting with my friend and his dad. After being bored sitting in the woods for several hours I cracked open a beer, lit up a cigarette, and popped in my iPod. I know this is stupid on a variety of different levels but what happened next might change your hunting strategy.

Jamming out and playing air guitar for 10 minutes a dumb ass 7 point calmly walked about 35-45 yards in front of me. Hallelujah! I quickly grabbed my rifle took aim and squeezed . The buck jumped about 3 feet in the air and took off (I remember being excited as ever).

Tracking its blood I heard a loud CRACK!! Finally finding my kill (or at least what I thought was my kill) I noticed a tree cracked in half laying over its head. My buddy came out of his blind to come and congratulate me on the kill; upon further examination we noticed I shot the buck in its shoulder area. So what we came to conclude was the buck was shot in the shoulder, hauled ass, and after the adrenaline wore off (while going up a small incline) the buck's leg gave out causing him to fall backwards and break its neck on a tree.

This all happened back in 2007, needless to say the guys still haven't stopped making fun of me. I couldn't even kill the deer, I had to have a tree do it for me!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure if serious... if so, I'd probably take out the part about the beer.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Spike

I'm serious and the beer stays
Old 08-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Spike

Lol. Good for you Ripper!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Alcohol, Rifles, Multiple hunters.... lucky it was only the deer that was hurt.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

What part of Ohio?

Last time I was there Ohio only allowed shotguns for deer.

Of course that was about 33 years ago.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Spike

I was up north in Michigan. We don't hunt near each other and we set lateral limits on where to shoot. You guys must have experienced some accidents Eh? Plus we're prior military (Know Your Target And What Lays Beyond/Geometry Of Fire)
Old 08-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny first kill for sure. Kinda hard to believe but hey have heard far stranger.

Just advice though being a Vet doesn't make you infallible. Even you should know why we have the rules on the ranges. Nearly all our rules and regs where written in prior blood spilled. Just friendly advice though.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ripper313
I was up north in Michigan. We don't hunt near each other and we set lateral limits on where to shoot. You guys must have experienced some accidents Eh? Plus we're prior military (Know Your Target And What Lays Beyond/Geometry Of Fire)
Yeah, but being a vet doesn't mean you're immune to the rules and regulations of the state you're hunting in.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...9754--,00.html

Thanks for your service, but I've met a ton of dumbass service members. I wouldn't admit to breaking the law on a hunting forum, and your post is just what antis would love to see.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Spike

Yup trolls will be trolls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.