Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Two Person Tree Stand

Old 07-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Two Person Tree Stand

I am looking at hanging a two person stand this year for my son and I. He is 7 this year. I would like to get a ladder stand that would be easy for him to get in and out of of. I mainly hunt public land.

Any recommendations or reviews? Thanks in advance...
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

Dick's sells a good one. When it goes on sale you can get them for $100. They are a 15' buddy stand. I have no problem sitting there with my kids. Good luck
Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

They are nice. Mines a Field and Stream from Dicks, cost me around $100-120.

Take ATLEAST three guys to put it up, those suckers are crazy top heavy and hard to get stood up.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

I will check them out. Thanks for the suggestions..
Old 07-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Spike

Don't plan on leaving it. It won't be there when you get back.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm too old for a two person tree stand

My old sheet rock and concrete bag hauling brain goes automatically to the line that shows the weight of this magnificent two person stand, and I let it to others to haul sheet rock, concrete bags, and two person tree stands.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

I'm in the same boat as Valentine. Getting too old and back is too messed up for handling a 85# metal treestand. Then hauling it into the deep swamps of Florida. Better option for me might be a nice ground blind to take my son hunting.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

There are many two man ladders out there. The most durable of them IMO would be the Ol'Man, but it is also more expensive. As all have said, take strong backs with you to get them up where you need them. Place the base against the tree and have someone stand on that end, while a couple strong bodys walk the platform end up. Do a google seach to view the various brands.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Spike

Cabelas has a deal on a big game 2 person tree stand. I use these all the time! Good quality and it holds 500lbs. I suggest a logging chain and weather proof pad lock also.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Echo Deerdust. There are several good designs, but all are going to be dang heavy. Strong-Built makes a good one that is reasonably priced. Ol' Man's are really nice.

All are going to be way too heavy to haul in-out for any distance on a frequent basis.

As for erecting ..... here's a trick that helps me ... but I need a buddy. (I can set one by myself but it is a chore.) Most will come with two straps that tie off near the top of the ladder and criss-cross behind the tree, then tie on to the lower section of the lader as part of the support system. If not, I suggest you buy a bundle of woodsy colored rope to make your own. This helps sabilize the ladder and can serve as a "back-up" system should the main tie strap fail. Attach these straps (ropes) high up on the stand ladder. Lie the assembled stand on the ground, stand front down with the base of the ladder 3'-4' from the tree. Have your buddy stand at the base and grab each strap. Lift the seat section off the ground and have the buddy tighten up on the straps, while "scotching" the left and right ladder vertcals with his feet. As you "walk up" the stand, have your buddy assist by tugging the straps and help you align the stand to the tree. One against the tree, level the stand seat, with the stand off support arm in place. Tighten these two straps and you'r good to go to carefullly climb the ladder and install the main security strap.

As a matter of safety, if there is not a second strap supplied by the maker, I install another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.