Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Milo Hanson's world record whitetail >

Milo Hanson's world record whitetail

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Milo Hanson's world record whitetail

Old 07-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Spike

Default Milo Hanson's world record whitetail

The times they are a changin' - Bob Dylan

Last edited by Canadian Newsgather; 07-31-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default That could lead...

to the retirement of a lot of antler hunters. If the biggest ever gets harvested, in their lifetime, what would be the need to hunt deer any longer.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

I don't recognize this book as the largest typical wasn't their a guy here in the states last year who eclipsed that buck but for some reason they wouldn't recognize it ? Also it was killed on a drive that's what takes away from it to me it's not the same feeling as the traditional way to me
Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by indiana deer hunter
I don't recognize this book as the largest typical wasn't their a guy here in the states last year who eclipsed that buck but for some reason they wouldn't recognize it ? Also it was killed on a drive that's what takes away from it to me it's not the same feeling as the traditional way to me
The deer that Deer and Deer hunting mag was touting as a new world record was largely non-typical. They seemed to think if they whined enough, B&C would cave in and change the rules - it didn't work - even after they were granted the panel they wanted.

Actually, drive hunting has its origins in antiquity, while sitting in trees over bait is a modern abomination.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rick Teal
The deer that Deer and Deer hunting mag was touting as a new world record was largely non-typical.
Largely Non-typical?

It had two antlers that may/may not share a common base. It is in no way non-typical. Just a controversy over the bases of those 2 antlers.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Pops423
Largely Non-typical?

It had two antlers that may/may not share a common base. It is in no way non-typical. Just a controversy over the bases of those 2 antlers.
***IMHO there is some politics going on with the rack being talked about. It is in no way remotely nontypical! It is just so massive that two tines on the right side are close together, but as far as I and many others are concerned, both come off the main beam and it should be declared the new world record. Although there is nothing that says how a book deer has to be killed, other than by fair chase, I do agree that the Milo Hanson buck being killed on a drive where it had nowhere to go but across an open field where there were several guns waiting takes away from the trophy.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-31-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yet another strange post from our friend CN...
Old 07-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Psylocide
Yet another strange post from our friend CN...
Yeah, why come in here and delete your original post??
Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Better be careful guys or the Super Moderator will come on here and delete you, LOL!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Guys,
This guy posts something he"s seen recently in a mag puts it up and sits back and watches us do just what this country is doing, disingrating. Its lib 101 , pull the pin on nothing and watch what happens.
I will not respond to this person any more
daddus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.