Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ozonics?

Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ozonics?

Has anyone tried one? I just wonder if they really work or if it's just another gimmick. This probably has been discussed here before. If it was, I missed it.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

After watching many hours of White Knuckle Productions DVD'S and seeing deer down wind not bust them time and time again. I can only conclude that in most situtions they work. Nothing is 100% effective in every setting but I think they have proved it works.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ozonics

I heard of its use commercially for businesses but not for hunting before.

lord love those newbies. They'll start having mortgages just to get into hunting, with the products they have to buy.
Reminds me I'm going to have to do another general survey of internet stores and products , just to see what newbies have to get to hunt anymore, and what I don't use. And I know I can't turn back progress.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Have not tried this product, but years back tried an Alpine air purifier someone was trying to sell me. Fried up some smelt with windows and doors closed, turned on the machine, and by morning there was no trace of smell. But that was a unit that ran on 120V of house current in a closed area. These units are in the open running on batteries. I could see them working quite well in a closed ground blind. I have some doubts about them working that well in a tree stand. The ozone generated (O3) oxidizes the stink molecules (organics) and breaks them apart so they no longer stink since they have been chemically torn apart into smaller molecules. The home model I had would give you headaches and a sore throat when it ran (since it was working on your throat lining), but as soon as it was turned off the O3 quickly reacted and turned back into normal O2. I sort of doubt this smaller version for hunting would give you headaches, but it is possible (and not something they will tell you about in advance). It would be a nice thing to turn on in my tiny office overnight when not in use in a closed ground blind. If I had an extra $300 laying around maybe I would give it a try. Or perhaps borrow one from Valentine since I am sure he will purchase 3 or 4 of them

Last edited by MZS; 07-11-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

one of my buddies uses one and he killed 3 bucks and a doe last year so I guess they work, but they are really expensive.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:48 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fishinty
one of my buddies uses one and he killed 3 bucks and a doe last year so I guess they work, but they are really expensive.
Was he hunting out of a ground blind or tree stand? If it was a ground blind, was it an enclosed umbrella type?
Old 07-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Spike

Of course they work on tv do you really think they would show them getting busted with it on tv? Just cause a deer is down wind doesnt mean anything its all in how the wind is moving. Your sent can go right over or around them. I would never buy one.Hey but if everyone bought one we might stop global warming
Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

he killed all from a treestand but on some hunting shows I have seen them use them in all kinds of ground blinds
Old 07-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you can afford it try it.I've bought things that worked and things that were a waste of money.Live and learn.
Kind of like that commercial where you see the first time mother carrying everything under the sun with her first kid and with the second kid carrying a lot less,hunting is a lot like that.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

I used it last year and was shocked at how well it worked. There's a nice article on it in North American Whitetail Magazine this month, They also showed how they tested it on last week's North American Whitetail TV. They stated that the test's shows it works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.