Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Passing On The Small Bucks = This >

Passing On The Small Bucks = This

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Passing On The Small Bucks = This

Old 07-29-2013, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw him yesterday while walking in the woods looking for a good stand site, he's grown quite a bit looking real good if he stays in the area. The first time I had been in the woods for months good trails where they have been coming to the mineral site.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds promising doetrain! Unless a hot doe takes him out of the area during the rut for a day or two, he'll probably give you a chance at him if you can get out there enough and not stink up the area doing it!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Sounds promising doetrain! Unless a hot doe takes him out of the area during the rut for a day or two, he'll probably give you a chance at him if you can get out there enough and not stink up the area doing it!
I don't know if thats possible because my Mom always called me her little stinker.LOL!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Spike

Location: Virginia, near the Rappahannock where fresh water turns salty

He must be a "town" deer. Here in VA they are wild and if ya doant killem when ya seeum in season the farmers will get somebody who will. Going from 1&1/2 to 4&12 years he don't get that much more meat on him, his tail doesn't get that much bigger and his hide doesn't expand enough justify letting him walk. Hide and tail $2 max for buckshot, rifle or ML killt. JMHO, of course here it's 3 bucks a year and unlimited antlerless and that kinda makes you jaded. Excessive amounts of "posted" land and plenty die of bad teeth or yotes and get eaten by the vultures and mice/squirrels. Bout 1/2 the places I hunt, if the farmer knows you let any deer walk, ya don't get to come back, just a fact. Yeah, there are some big ones here but they are wild and wily and know where they are safe. Congrats on growin a nice one and hope ya get a whack at him. 10

Last edited by 10 ga; 08-01-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: miss apropriation of gifts
Old 08-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by doetrain
I don't know if thats possible because my Mom always called me her little stinker.LOL!
***That's funny!!!