Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Passing On The Small Bucks = This >

Passing On The Small Bucks = This

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Passing On The Small Bucks = This

Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by doetrain
I don't mind telling you where thses Bucks are. They are located in the Hoosier National Forest not on private property even though they are filmed on private property but they retreat back into the forest every night. Payneville is where Webbs Butcher Block is located right? Good eats there.
Yes it is. Web's is closing his store, but he will be open for deer processing. I don't know the hours yet.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy

Originally Posted by BlueGrass Man
Yes it is. Web's is closing his store, but he will be open for deer processing. I don't know the hours yet.
Sorry to hear he is closing the store, but I guess yet another small town operator can't afford to keep his doors open and that's a shame.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why so angry?

***Hey newbie, you haven't seen angry, LOL! I see they must have had enough complaints already that the "LIKES" are gone!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Spike

Id like to let the little guys walk but, where I hunt everyone on the neighboring properties shoot anything that walks, which forces me to do the same.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

I let the small bucks go.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

3 1/2 year old
Old 07-22-2013, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some will no doubt be taken if I let them walk but the way I figure it some will slip through to maturity. Some younger Bucks need to be taken out if they show no potential to better the herd. If your like me and you mainly hunt for the meat then passing on the Bucks is not that hard to do. I like any hunter can appreciate harvesting a nice mature Buck but I don't consider my season a failure if I don't. And some are of the opinion that Doe's are no challenge to kill but I have found them to be quite a challenge personally. I'll admit I'm not a very skilled Deer hunter a novice if you will, but I hope to get better at it as each season goes buy. Young Bucks are good eating thats for sure,I'm not sure if the older ones get less so as they age because i have never harvested a truely mature Buck, yet.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
What's all this "LIKE" crappola that is suddenly sprouting up all over the posts and taking up twice the space on a thread than is needed? If I wanted to be on Facebook, which I don't, to "LIKE" something or somebody I'd go there, LOL! IMHO it makes a good hunting website look like a little kids playground, LOL!!! I hope all of you "LIKE" this post!
I agree. I saw that it had been tagged all over the place like some school kid had nothing better to do. Every post had it tagged all over. Looked like some gang tagger on the rail cars or building sides.
On the OP's note, I agree with letting the little ones walk and you done a good job on passing on him. If he shows up again during season, he will look good on the wall. Too many would not have passed him the first time and not got to see him now. That will have some good genetics in the herd now.

Last edited by SecondChance; 07-30-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

Nope TOO SMALL .... I suggest you let him walk ....

... past my stand
Old 07-25-2013, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

well its hard to tell what he will grow. but this brows are tipped out so there done but everything else looks like its got alot of growing left. i think he will finish in the 150s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.