Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Please give your opinion on this trailcam buck >

Please give your opinion on this trailcam buck

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please give your opinion on this trailcam buck

Old 07-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I agree. It looks like the left side is starting to split at the top
Old 07-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by daddus1
What is the date this pic was taken and where?
daddus
About four days ago in Wyoming Co. NY

I'm a little surprised that most seem to think he'll stay a 6. He seems a little early on in his development. In the uncropped pic there's an 8pt in the background and he's much further along in his antler development (but with a smaller rack)

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

This late in the growing season, what you see is about what you'l get for the coming year. He will get a bit more length, but he looks to be a 6 for the coming year. Like everyone has said, 2-3 years down the road will produce an awesome rack if he survives.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Spike

Thanks for the input. So there's not much variance as far as rate of development, then? I'm not exactly an expert on antler growth. The reason I posted the pic was because I thought maybe he still had a fair bit of growing to do...everything from his bases up through his main beams looks like it's supposed to go along with a much larger rack.

At any rate, I hope this guy sticks around so we can see what he ends up looking like in the fall.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Looking good, I was just thinking if it was too early to dust off the trail cameras and see what I've got on the property. This thread answered my question.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Spike

He's gonna have more than 6 points
Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
I read an article in Outdoor Life that stated that exact same thing. Rack size has to do with genetics and diet more than age.
That's probably where I saw it. Surprised me -- Kind of runs opposite of common sense.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

he still has well over 6 weeks of growing time. He is going to be a very nice buck. Can't wait to see him progress. Check out my website www.hunting-property-advisors.com
Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

very nice rack for a young deer, if you can give him a few years
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Spike

well if they are done growing for the year i have dozens of 10 inch deer around. they have alot of growing left and you wont know until his main beam is done and his isnt even close to being done.some bucks can be farther along than others dep on when they shed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.