Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Please give your opinion on this trailcam buck >

Please give your opinion on this trailcam buck

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please give your opinion on this trailcam buck

Old 07-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by iowa whitetail
well if they are done growing for the year i have dozens of 10 inch deer around. they have alot of growing left and you wont know until his main beam is done and his isnt even close to being done.some bucks can be farther along than others dep on when they shed.
***Yep, bucks have another 6-7 weeks of growth to go yet and that can add a lot to their rack.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Massive potential if allowed to grow.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

He looks to be a good 6 but might branch out to an eight, it all depends when the picture was taken.

Originally Posted by iowa whitetail
well if they are done growing for the year i have dozens of 10 inch deer around. they have alot of growing left and you wont know until his main beam is done and his isnt even close to being done.some bucks can be farther along than others dep on when they shed.
Agreed, deer still have a lot of growing to do. If they don't, I'm going to have some of the goofiest looking bucks I've ever seen! I think bucks in my area of Illinois are about 65% of what they will be this fall. You should know the inside spread by now but length of tines is far from being determined.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Spike

He'll be a Pope and Young deer by the time all is said and done. Antlers are the fastest growing bone in the animal kingdom and if this was taken in early July he is only halfway done growing. I also would bet a lot that he forks and becomes an eight at least. I had a couple on camera two years ago that were smaller than that in early july and were P&Y by fall.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

his mass and bases seem to be great, but his body looks really small/young. To me this looks like one of those deer you try to protect for a couple years and see what kind of monster he can balloon into.