Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com >

My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com

Old 06-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back a few more scores from buckscore.com, just waiting on a few trail cam pictures.

This buck was scored at 101", buckscore scored it at 119"
Link to Score Sheet:
http://community.deergear.com/Posted...8943c42ecc.pdf
Attached Thumbnails My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com-nj-mz-deer.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

This buck was scored at 120", buckscore scored it at 121"

Link to score sheet:
http://community.deergear.com/Posted...85bf82f04b.pdf
Attached Thumbnails My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com-archey-2007.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This buck was scored at 117" buckscore scored it at 108"

Link to score sheet:
http://community.deergear.com/Posted...55817fdc0a.pdf
Attached Thumbnails My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com-shotgun-2007.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I read somewhere that they say they are within 10% of the actual score. I thought to myself that on a 150" buck thats 15 inches. I think with practice you can guess the score on a good buck pretty easy. I'm not saying for you bowhuntercop, I know you know deer very well, I'm just saying for the hunter new to the sport.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will admit the first deer in this post when I saw him I thought for sure near the 160" mark, he was 80 yards away and caught me off guard, but when I got my hands on him I knew he was in the 130" range, two none certified scores scored him at 130" another at 131" I think he is, buckscore.com over scored him at the mid 150s. All the other deer after the kill I estimated their score just by looking and I was near the mark of their true scores.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I will admit the first deer in this post when I saw him I thought for sure near the 160" mark, he was 80 yards away and caught me off guard, but when I got my hands on him I knew he was in the 130" range, two none certified scores scored him at 130" another at 131" I think he is, buckscore.com over scored him at the mid 150s. All the other deer after the kill I estimated their score just by looking and I was near the mark of their true scores.
130" is definitely about right on the first buck.

He's got about 48" of time length 38" of beams 27" mass and 17" spread. Heck of a buck regardless! He looks a lot bigger because his times are so thick.

I'll send in some of my trail cam pics and deer that I've personally scored to see how I feel about them lol
Old 06-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got two more scores back, these are two bucks in my area I'm after

The score sheets:

first one:
http://community.deergear.com/Posted...77baa112b8.pdf

second one:
http://community.deergear.com/Posted...fe9b24db4b.pdf

The wide one I had scored before from buckscore.com and it came out just under 123"
Attached Thumbnails My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com-8pt-2.jpg   My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com-bb1.jpg  

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 06-07-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I decided to take a look at the pictures and try and score them before I looked at the buckscore. I was 5" high on the first one and 2" low on the second one from what they got. Both are shooter bucks in my mind. I'm setting my standards this year so that the first 125" seen I will be taking if possible. After that, I'm saving my second tag for something big. I got two nice bucks last year so I'm looking for something really special this year. Cant wait for those July trail cam photos so I can start getting a hit list prepared!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fasetti, for New Jersey those two bucks on the trail cam are shooters, if I was still going out to Illinois on the farms I had I would pass them up all day long.

What County in Illinois are you hunting?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Spike

looks like a high 140's possibly lows 150's class book looking from the angle. Scoring on the hoof is usually 3-4" within approximate if you do it often. On our lease we have a 145" minimum, anything under that is a hefty fine...so you need to score on the hoof pretty good. I think Buskcsore is within a 10" +/- margin.. by no means dont go to panel with it. Only way to do it is by hand to be accurate, then again you will have to shoot it first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.