Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Getting Ready For Next Season

Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Getting Ready For Next Season

Just finished building my new two-man "High Chair" deer stand. Now all it needs is some camo netting hung around the shooting rail.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

It looks really nice, an old guy like me can appreciate something like this. Did you purchase a package or just the prints with a material list or what?
daddus
Old 05-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Let me ask you something...

how many elephants will it take to move that stand out of your backyard?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by daddus1
It looks really nice, an old guy like me can appreciate something like this. Did you purchase a package or just the prints with a material list or what?
daddus
The build guide is 20 pages with 44 "how to" picturs daddus.

It's really complete - a full materials list, a tools list, and step-by-step build directions. The material cost is about $125 and it can be built over a weekend (about twelve hours total).

Last edited by Semisane; 05-11-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Valentine
how many elephants will it take to move that stand out of your backyard?

We don't have any elephants down here in S.E. Louisiana Valentine.

It comes apart by removing a hand full of 1/4" galvanized bolts. It's laid down with the ladder side on the ground (a one man job). Remove the bolts and it breaks down into four modules - ladder (about 75 lbs.), rear support frame (about 45 lbs.), seat module (about 30 lbs.), and floor module (about 30 lbs.). One person can carry the lighter modules a few hundred yards with ease. The ladder unit would be tough for one guy to carry more than a short distance. But two can carry it with no problem.

It's a fifteen or twenty minute job to either assemble or disassemble it, and the four modules can be carried in a short bed pick-up.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:17 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Nice stand! Seems like it would be fairly easy to build. I just finished building a two-level box type stand. I designed it myself using a 1/8 scale prototype (or as my wife calls it, my toy) and then built the actual stand. The shooting height is about 15' and you have two ladders so you can climb with both hands. The bottom level could be used as a place for a parent when hunting with a child on a youth hunt. The top is boxed in, to shield against the cold WI gun hunt weather - for now it will be a gun stand but I could use it for archery by modifying my sides (they may be switched out as needed). A photo of the actual stand and also a photo of the 1/8 scale model are shown below. And you probably would need an elephant to move mine - it is built on location. I built it myself and did not need any ladders or scaffolding - you build the bottom level and then from there build the top. All from 8 ft lumber.

Last edited by MZS; 05-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.