Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Cheap deer hunt for non resident >

Cheap deer hunt for non resident

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cheap deer hunt for non resident

Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Spike

Default Cheap deer hunt for non resident

I'm in Canada for a week long Bear hunt in September, I have a week after that up my sleeve and was looking for a cheap deer hunt around the middle of September for a non resident? (travelling from Australia)

Any suggestions

Doesn't even have to be a deer hunt, maybe some of that cool preditor sniping I've seen on Youtube

Last edited by wastednights; 04-27-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Spike

Not sure which province you will be hunting in but there are very limited areas open to deer hunting in September if hunting Ontario. It would be bow or crossbow only and in the NW edge of the province. Good luck with the bear hunt.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by wastednights
I'm in Canada for a week long Bear hunt in September, I have a week after that up my sleeve and was looking for a cheap deer hunt around the middle of September for a non resident? (travelling from Australia)

Any suggestions

Doesn't even have to be a deer hunt, maybe some of that cool preditor sniping I've seen on Youtube
Originally Posted by HuntingConfessions
Not sure which province you will be hunting in but there are very limited areas open to deer hunting in September if hunting Ontario. It would be bow or crossbow only and in the NW edge of the province. Good luck with the bear hunt.

Happy to hunt USA too, will be travelling home via NYC - LA and have a week to fill in
Old 04-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Check out Wisconsin -- they are fairly friendly to non-residents in terms of prices of licenses.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Murdy
Check out Wisconsin -- they are fairly friendly to non-residents in terms of prices of licenses.
Do you have any contacts there?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Spike

Dip down into South Dakota in the USA. Sooo many coyotes, year round, and the hunts are cheap.

http://millermathews.com/the-hunts/

Read about their coyote hunts
Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wastednights
Do you have any contacts there?
Contact the WI DNR - they can fill you in on all the public land (and there is a LOT of it up north). You can hunt in the state, county, national forests as well as designated hunting areas. Also there is utility and paper mill land open to the public as well as tax-sheltered private land. See http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/ and try some of the ranger stations at http://dnr.wi.gov/Contact/fieldlocations.html
If you talk to the right person, they can be very helpful.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:48 AM
Spike

in northwestern Ontario , lake of the woods area, there is a deer bow season for non-residents that usually starts the mid to end of September.check out the Ontario MNR website for dates and areas. many areas require a guide , some don't . good luck.w.