Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bone Collector by TC, worth trading? >

Bone Collector by TC, worth trading?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bone Collector by TC, worth trading?

Old 04-22-2013, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bone Collector by TC, worth trading?

i started off 13 yrs ago and continue to use a basic inexpensive cva 50 cal ML with a high quality scope. A friend just asked if i was interested in buying his bone collector thompmson center truiumph which includes a nikon buckmaster scope. The gun was 600, scope 250, mounts 50 and tax put him at just shy of 1000 dollars. It is 3 yrs old and has been in the woods 3x and on the range twice (this is why it is for sale).

Anyway, I have not shopped for a ML in 13 yrs, since buying my orig gun and wonder what advantages i get by trading up vs. the basic model i have. Just not sure what will make the BC so much better.

I am tempted by the price and the look, as well as the easy of loading and cleaning. He wants 450 firm, is that a good price?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

that's a good deal if it comes with all the stuff listed IMO...I have a TC omega. I have no complaints with it...I cant use it during muzzleloader only here in Idaho because it has the 209primer. But its a good muzzleloader! The bone collector looks like a good ML....but in the end its your money spend it how you like...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Spike

My son just bought a new CVA this year. The new breach unscrews by hand. CVA stuff is better today than it was 13 years ago. Still the best for the buck in my opinion. In the end it really boils down to how expensive do you want your MZ to be that kills deer. My CVA is a 94 model. Never let me down and kills every year. That sure sounds like a good deal though.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have a same gun & scope combo myself, a great gun and the price you listed is right. I would buy it myself if in my area.