Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Well I guess I'm a corn hunter now >

Well I guess I'm a corn hunter now

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well I guess I'm a corn hunter now

Old 04-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Spike

Great......lolol....I can't wait
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 AM
Spike

Thanks Ridge Runner ;

I have not been on here very long - thanks for the heads up - I was wondering why he decided just out of nowhere to start attacking me...Like I said in the Bucks of Tecomate thread - anyone and everyone can plainly see and read where I told him to - Move On - several different times ..but he just kept on and on..so I gave him some attention he so desperately desired..now he is pissed...kinda backwards if ya ask me..
No loss of sleep here...Your opinion and my opinion may differ in other areas of hunting - but you dont start chasing people from one thread to another with a raft of crap - over and over..
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 700
I hear ya....it would drive me nuts trying to figure out what corner of the cornfield to sit on.
That's easy, whichever one you pick will be the wrong one, but that's hunting.

To address the original post a bit more, there is no substitute for scouting and knowing what's going on where you hunt. The guys I know who use a feeder do it to try to increase traffic on their property, which is between a lot of larger tracts some of which have food plots/feeders. Did it do that? I'm not sure they have more deer than they would anyway, but it did attract bear and hogs. There is no bear season and the hogs will now be a problem they can't deal with on a regular basis.

We use a small feeder on property where we hunt hogs only. Again, I've heard stories of the little piggies learning when the feeder spins and rushing to it for corn. Maybe on the hog farm, but not in the woods. Will they hit it? Yes, but not every day and not at the same time. So at best it's a way to increase the odds of getting one as they make their loop hitting other food sources.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 AM
Spike

Very true...when putting out a feeder ...you attract alot of other critters.I use to stalk everything when hunting and had the attitude that if you were sitting in a blind...you were not "hunting"...the older I got and the more places I visited and hunting outside of Texas...the more tolerant of doing things different from the ways I was taught...now I believe the greatest asset for a hunter is a Feeder & Trail camera...
Old 04-23-2013, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
he hates long range hunting, he hates anything that hes not an expert on.....which ain't much
RR
That would explain why hes so full of hate
Old 04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Spike

OKAY ... I give up....the guy keeps sending me PM's over and over and crying like a lost girl scout - what the hell ?? Ive never seen anything like this on a outdoor forum ..EVER

Is there a way to block all of the stupidity ??
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Please dispense with all these disparaging remarks about my integrity, etc. as they're getting old and are also against the rules of this website. Maybe I should notify Christine about those! Thank you for your anticipated cooperation!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-23-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
open user profile, click user lists, click add user to ignore list or contact HNI Christine, tell her to put a stop to the pm's
RR

Thanks - Done Deal !!!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Patrick Eubanks
Im not sure where all this info is coming from on the ineffectiveness of a feeder. Here in NC corn is allowed and I spread it liberally. It is a huge advantage on getting deer in the area and keeping them there. Spread it thin so they cant sit there and eat it by the mouthful. I hunt the usual travel corridors leading to the natural food plots and spread the corn on the edge of the plots. Good Luck
This is real good advise. Throw it all over the place so they are grazing instead of gorging. It takes them more time to eat, they like to graze and if you are hunting it gives you time cuse they are moving and turnig a bit. I watch deer eat corn and then walk off and eat grass and clover the same time. Food plots seem to keep deer relaxed. A corn pile can make them weird. I've seen them look at corn and stare at it, just to take a bite and they pace back nd forth for no reason at all. Five minutes later they come back and eat it like nothing happened. I also noticed if ya put 3 or 4 piles of corn 5' apart they will all eat the same pile sometimes till its gone and won'y touch the other piles. Then come back in an hour and eat off all the piles at one time. No reason as far as I copuld ever tell, been seeing it for 25 yrs. ( a pile is about a cup of corn)
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted feeders for years,I have shot some under my feeder because like a food plot or favorite oak tree I keep the scent down around it.Like a food plot after awhile you will find the trails that the deer like to come in on and that's where I set up.Many times big bucks will stage inside the woods and not come out until after dark,that's where you want to be.
For those that don't like to hunt around them,don't,me I hunt for enjoyment and I will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.