HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What does everybody want in their perfect treestand? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/380921-what-does-everybody-want-their-perfect-treestand.html)

moparmangamble 04-18-2013 04:44 PM

What does everybody want in their perfect treestand?

Looking for imput on what everyone loves in a treestand whether it's a hang on, ladder, or climber. Every time I find a stand I like, it gets discontinued. I want everybody's ideas, opinions, desires. Thanks

Many.Beards 04-18-2013 06:30 PM

A Comfortable seat, one you can sit on all day long .

Deepsouthdeerjunky 04-18-2013 07:13 PM

I hunt mainly out of climbers that i carry in and out of the woods every hunt in the foot hills in Alabama so I would say the two most important things to me would be light weight and portable.(Ol' Man)

Nomercy448 04-18-2013 07:16 PM

A big dam deer walking under it.

Valentine 04-19-2013 02:28 AM

Tree stands end their existence...

because someone always finds a way to do a great swan dive out of one. They turn them into great swimming diving boards.
Over the last couple of decades, they have found out how to hold much more hunter's weight, and get lighter at the same time, so the hunter can carry them into the woods for nearly 200 yards.
And everyone is a born tree climber, you see, as they're all naturals at 25 feet in the air.
Of course, this cynic was climbing railroad boxcar ladders, without any safety devices, when just over ten. Went on to climb oil storage tanks.
Never was taught that parachutes and harnesses were a good thing in trees. Missed that in my education.

Murdy 04-19-2013 09:08 AM

I use all 3 kinds to some degree. One thing I tend to look for in any stand is a large enough platform to allow for comfortable standing.

fastetti 04-21-2013 07:09 AM

I think it depends a lot on what tree I am looking to put it in. I tend to find an area I really like then pick the best tree and cater for it. If it a giant 100 year old oak, I usually put a ladder stand up because it gives me great cover and I blend in very well. The majority of time now I use 20 foot ladder sticks and a hang on stand with a large platform (at least 24x30). I also like to have a seat with some good cushioning on it as well as arm rests to help me stand up a little more quietly. I usually pick up my new stands for the following year in January. There are usually discounted pretty heavily and I don't mind storing them for a few months until I start putting stands up again.

skinnnner 05-01-2013 06:52 PM

A doe of my own to breed

skinnnner 05-01-2013 06:53 PM

Forget i said that,been there done that the half hour of fun wasnt worth it

Tundra10 05-01-2013 09:55 PM

I don't hunt from trees. Neither do deer predators.