Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What does everybody want in their perfect treestand? >

What does everybody want in their perfect treestand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What does everybody want in their perfect treestand?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Spike

Default What does everybody want in their perfect treestand?

Looking for imput on what everyone loves in a treestand whether it's a hang on, ladder, or climber. Every time I find a stand I like, it gets discontinued. I want everybody's ideas, opinions, desires. Thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Spike

A Comfortable seat, one you can sit on all day long .
Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt mainly out of climbers that i carry in and out of the woods every hunt in the foot hills in Alabama so I would say the two most important things to me would be light weight and portable.(Ol' Man)
Old 04-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

A big dam deer walking under it.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tree stands end their existence...

because someone always finds a way to do a great swan dive out of one. They turn them into great swimming diving boards.
Over the last couple of decades, they have found out how to hold much more hunter's weight, and get lighter at the same time, so the hunter can carry them into the woods for nearly 200 yards.
And everyone is a born tree climber, you see, as they're all naturals at 25 feet in the air.
Of course, this cynic was climbing railroad boxcar ladders, without any safety devices, when just over ten. Went on to climb oil storage tanks.
Never was taught that parachutes and harnesses were a good thing in trees. Missed that in my education.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

I use all 3 kinds to some degree. One thing I tend to look for in any stand is a large enough platform to allow for comfortable standing.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it depends a lot on what tree I am looking to put it in. I tend to find an area I really like then pick the best tree and cater for it. If it a giant 100 year old oak, I usually put a ladder stand up because it gives me great cover and I blend in very well. The majority of time now I use 20 foot ladder sticks and a hang on stand with a large platform (at least 24x30). I also like to have a seat with some good cushioning on it as well as arm rests to help me stand up a little more quietly. I usually pick up my new stands for the following year in January. There are usually discounted pretty heavily and I don't mind storing them for a few months until I start putting stands up again.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

A doe of my own to breed
Old 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Forget i said that,been there done that the half hour of fun wasnt worth it
Old 05-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't hunt from trees. Neither do deer predators.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.