Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Car is probably totalled but Son is OK after hitting deer. >

Car is probably totalled but Son is OK after hitting deer.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Car is probably totalled but Son is OK after hitting deer.

Old 09-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Car is probably totalled but Son is OK after hitting deer.

My wife and I got a phone call early this morning from our oldest son. Ya know...that time when the phone rings and you' re reluctant to answer it...hoping there' s nothing wrong? It was out oldest son who called and the first thing he said was " I' m OK" ....I hit a deer and I thnk my car is totalled.
We were all together this weekend at our NH cottage and we all seemed to leave at different times.
He said he was on his way home to Massachusetts late last night from his brother' s house in NH when he hit a deer (buck) at about 12:30AM. He was in the right lane on a major highway going about 65 mphs when the accident happened It was a 4 pointer that weighed about 160 pounds and the amount of damage to his vehicle was amazing.
Bottom line here is that he' s OK... considering it could have been much worse and his car will probably be totalled by the insurance company...Alls well that ends well....and yes, he did end up keeping he deer.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:19 PM

Default RE: Car is probably totalled but Son is OK after hitting deer.

Glad everything turned out ok.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve hit two deer, while in cars, one of my brothers has hit two deer while on a motorcycle, and one of my nephews has hit one deer while in a pick-up. My dad always said, " If a deer comes in the road, don' t swerve to miss it ' cause you' ll end up in the ditch and probably hit a tree or something harder and bigger than the deer was" So, I take ' em on, I only hit the brakes. My brother hit two deer with the same motorcycle about 3 years apart. The first one he hit its head and neck only, he didn' t even go down, but the second one was a braodside hit, took him down and totaled out the bike, but he recovered and is back to riding bikes. It happens very quickly usually. Glad your son was alright.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad he is alright,cars can be replaced