Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CWD found in central pa

Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default CWD found in central pa

The Pa Game Commission has anounced that CWD was found in two blair county harvested deer and one in the bedford county area. Our greatest fears since CWD was found in Adams county have been realized. Our area herds have been low in general and now with this outbreak we could be looking at some very serious situations involving the future of our local deer herds.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Spike

I understand your fear hope for the best.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Word to the wise. I grew up in the CWD zone in WI and have been dealing with it for what now over 10 yrs. I still see deer. The bucks still rut and people still eat their deer. It's not the end of the world.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Yes, do not believe every sensational news story that you will probably see. In WI after the CWD outbreak, we had all kinds of stories about the indestructible and supposedly deadly (to humans) prions that were possibly in every deer you shot. Since that time, the hysteria has died down. And not one person has been harmed handling or eating deer meat in WI since the outbreak (to my knowledge). News outlets publish this stuff because it sells advertising space.

Last edited by MZS; 03-08-2013 at 08:04 AM.