Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Name That Dog

Old 02-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Name That Dog

This might be the wrong place for this post. If so, the monitors can toss me out !

As some of you know my big buddy and superb blood trailer, Mojo, died unexpectedly this deer season from a rather rare autoimmune disease. To say the least I was deeply saddened. Thankful for th 8 years, but ....

Anyway, I have put a deposit down on a Wirehair dachshund pup. It should be here around July-August if all goes as planned.

I am looking for a name ... and thought it'd be fun to get a few suggestions. So far I have had the following from my hunting buddies:

Male: Tasso, Goober
Female: Dixie

Any suggetions welcomed.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Well i don't have a wire haird dashound but i do have a red smoothed hair one name is star she is 9 i also have a black and tan long hairded dashound her name is bella she is 4.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks - in the pot go Star and Bella. I like Bella. Got two more from my buds: Boudin (like the Cajun sausage) and Schultzy

Do you use yours as blood trailers?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Dacshund for a weekend and unfortunately she didn't get along with my other dogs so we gave her back to the breeder(which was a friend) , but we were going to name her Remington. Good for a male or female.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 PM
JW
Super Moderator

German dog - Gerrman Name - Hieney - now think about it - the dog gets lost so you search the neighborhood - and ask the neighbor lady - Hey have you seen my Hieney?

JW
Old 02-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Savage,Hunter....Weiner Schnitzle!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

Hunter, gunner, Dallas, Remington, Haley, Madie, Bella. Just a couple ideas. Also if you have a favorite sports team could use something from that haha. My next dog might be named after something Dallas cowboys related .
Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Agent, sherlock, detex, finder.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about a great Native American word ... Diogi, pronounced Dee-Oh-Gee (or D, O, G!)

A buddy of mine had an English Springer Spaniel he always called Diogi or at least what he always said was pronounced Dee-Oh-Gee. I once asked him what the origins of the name was. He immediately went into this long line of crap about Native Americans and their gods of huntings, etc, on and on... he finallly said "Hey John, it's really just D O G spelled out loud.

Always thought it was a cool option.

Ok, some real names now ... Fritz, Schnitzel, Bandit, Scooter, Auggie .... or .... Heidi, Gretchen, Dutchess, Schatze
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

8mm/06 - Deeogee ... I like it ! Heiney ain't bad either !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.