Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First out of state hunt......

Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Spike

Default First out of state hunt......

I am looking at going SOMEWHERE next fall. I have always told my wife I am going out of state on a hunt (whitetail or mule deer...Preferably whitetail) before i turn 30. I turn 29 in May. I need some suggestions. I am a gamewarden here in NC and want to find somewhere to go at a reasonable cost. Bow, muzzleloader, or rifle......Im hoping to find someone with some property that i could pay a trespass fee or something like that...I don't have enough to go on a fully guided trip so let me know what opinions yall have...Thanks for any suggestions....

P.S. My personal best is a 115 inch 10 pointer that I took this year with my bow.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Best of Luck Id also post in swap a hunt thread!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default My $.02

Luray VA.

Blue Ridge mountains, public land, Page County. George Washington National Forest. Thousands of acres.

Many places to rent a cabin or public campground.

I've hunted this area for years and ALWAYS have seen shootable deer there.

Enough land such that you may never see another hunter and close enough to be accessible and close to resources.

Nice country mentality where hunters are welcome too.

Need more info? PM me.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Spike

Thanks for the reply. A friend of mine went up to a place called Blue Hole up in western VA. They Hiked in and camped for a week and he ended up shooting a decent 8 point. I'm looking for something alittle further west but Ill keep that area in mind. Any others out there willing to throw in their opinions as well....Thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

sent you a PM