Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Lok

Old 02-16-2013, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MZS
You got that right! $229 for a pair of pants - That would be the day LOL! At $60 they might be worth it if they were decent pants as you describe.
You got it MZS, the Scentlok name meant nothing on it. I bought them because its tough for me to find good, thick pants that fit me (6'7") and these were actually perfect. I just cant how anyone would pay $229 for a pair of pants. They've done multiple tests with bloodhounds and guys walking in the woods with scentlok and everytime the bloodhounds trail them right to the stand. If a bloodhound can smell you, a deer will too.

A side note too, This is a great time to buy next years hunting gear. I've learned that January/February is a great time to buy any clothes and stands that you might need for next year. I usually get most of my gear this time of year for 50% off. It stinks not being able to use it for another 10 months but when hunting season rolls around you'll know you saved a lot of money.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think for those that starved,well Darwin at work.LOL
Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think for those that starved,well Darwin at work
lol, I don't think nodog is too into Darwin.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Charlie P
lol, I don't think nodog is too into Darwin.
Hey, he was created by God.

I have no desire to believe a lie no matter who's telling it. There's just too much evidence of a creator right in front of me to believe things just happened. For instance, take you, too much there to believe God didn't have a hand in who you are.

We both will see in the great by and by one day. We will weep and then we will laugh after we both realize what sacrifices were made for both of us. Who knows, Darwin maybe standing next to us.

I've beat to many deer's noses using scentlok among other things to ever believe a deer's nose can't be beat. After all, I am the king of the food chain.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scent Loc is a WASTE of money. There is NO possible way that it can work! Carbon CANNOT be regenerated at temperatures that would not also burn the fabric to a crisp!
For those that have made good kills using scent loc....., deer make mistakes too! It does NOT mean that it was due to wearing scent loc! If you want to waste good money on junk, go ahead! There are hunters that smoke, sheet and pee and kill deer too! But its just luck!!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Crock crowd..
Old 02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

For those of you who took a dominany buckm or any drer, while using Scent Lok, it was not the Scent Lok that did it. You played the wind right, took precautions do that you did not smell, and hunted hard and hunted correctly. Give yourself some credit - not a product that cannot work as stated.

If you need a good scent blocking product, use cyclodextrin (unscented Febreeze). Soak your clothes sin it, let them dry and go hunt, but always play the wind, keep still and be quiet, and do not get too close to the area where you expect to see deer. Give them 20 yards or so.

God bless,

T.R. Michels
Trinity Mountain Outdoors

Last edited by trmichels; 02-18-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by trmichels
For those of you who took a dominany buckm or any drer, while using Scent Lok, it was not the Scent Lok that did it. You played the wind right, took precautions do that you did not smell, and hunted hard and hunted correctly. Give yourself some credit - not a product that cannot work as stated.

If you need a good scent blocking product, use cyclodextrin (unscented Febreeze). Soak your clothes sin it, let them dry and go hunt, but always play the wind, keep still and be quiet, and do not get too close to the area where you expect to see deer. Give them 20 yards or so.

God bless,

T.R. Michels
Trinity Mountain Outdoors
You never understood what was going on and focused on the science of carbon reactivation without taking in to consideration everything else and if I remember right it wasn't about the product, it was personal and what caused me to disregard your claims apart from your lack of "everything else going on" you tried to invoke some kind of judgement from God upon the company because of the way they treated you. FWIW since man has been washing their clothes they have been removing stink and reactivating the clothes to absorb more stink. Stop telling people clothes with carbon can't.

I shot a nice buck a few years ago laying in it's bed not 10 yards from the stand I had to climb up in. Just because a person can't do something it doesn't mean no one can. I replace my SL when ever it's priced right but I still use the SL I bought 8 years ago with as much success as when it was new, then again I read and understood the label.

This guy laid licking himself looking right at me as I climbed, never saw me while climbing, while getting set, after turn 300 degrees and seeing it laying there, after turn back 300 and back again while knocking and drawing and even releasing sending the arrow down it's swollen neck. I sent 3 more into it's chest quickly as it struggled to flee, never left the ground. The deer was as close as the pic shows just on the other side of the tree the cam is on. The buck above was something else, a real survivor I retrieved my slug from him and another he was hit with long enough ago there was no sign at all of entry, it just sat there in it's body as if it had been there since birth. These 2 were no pups.

The clothes didn't bring down these deer, (duh) but they were part of what made it happen. Never paid over 100 for any SL item and have 3+ sets. I often were layers of it, but there's more to it than putting on clothes.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well I'm not a newbie

and most of the time I don't buy nine out of ten times. Some things are 10 out of ten. The prices get me real nervous.

I'm old. I remember the before and after. Remember when camo and scent killers weren't used.

I compromised a little. Used pine needles in warm climes and leaves rubbed on clothing in colder.
Even made some homemade scent killer. Works great. Used a gallon of it on a vehicle that had smoke damage. Killed the smoke and a possible bill of $1500 disappear.

Would use the homemade scent killer if I had a similar problem.

Speaking of deer smelling stuff. I remember deer just moving easily, some 100 yards from a leaf blower, blowing everything in a parking lot. What they were smelling wasn't scent killer.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

You never understood what was going on and focused on the science of carbon reactivation without taking in to consideration everything else
What else is there? The fact that the clothes have absorbed everything that they are going to absorb sitting in the store? Or that the amount of carbon material in the suits could never do the job they claimed it would?

Baking soda is more effective.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.