Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Can i hunt it deer with primitive 35# bow
Yes i can
59.38%
No i can't
40.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Can i hunt with this?

Old 01-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Like i said before,i don't planing to hunt.
Question that i ask was theoretical.
Answer was also theoretical for anybody considering this practice in the woods.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, it will kill a deer. I bet I am the only guy on this forum that has actually killed a deer with what these experts call "Primitive equipment". If they ever did it was probably at a pay to hunt place. I was out there before the compound bow was even sold as hunting equipment. I bought and sold bows (Real bows, not compounds) for years. Made strings (Double loop and Flemish). Everybody made their own arrows years ago. Check out this on the net, check out that on the net. Yeah, a couple of real internet experts. If you like the net, look up Alderfer Auctions of Hatfield, Pa. I auctioned off about 150 bows and old archery equipment last year. Sold about 150 on ebay over two years prior to that. I still have a quiver I found when I moved. It is marked "Bear Products". Made by Fred Bear in his garage before he started the company. The bidding starts at $500. on that. Deputy Dogg, come back and get in the conversation when you stop shaving your legs.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Yes, it will kill a deer. I bet I am the only guy on this forum that has actually killed a deer with what these experts call "Primitive equipment". If they ever did it was probably at a pay to hunt place."

How much you willing to bet, as you'll lose quite simply on that crazy statement?! You aren't the only "old timer" on this site you know!!! My first one was also a Fred Bear made before he even opened up his museum in Grayling, MI. The Polar Bear at the front entrance was something to see and to think what it was shot with still amazes me to this day.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-12-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default GunPlum

I wasn't contesting it's ability to kill. Merely the idea of giving flip advice.

BTW Gunplum.... I wax.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Gunplummer, take a chill pill. Your taking this young mans post and turning it into a fight for your ego pleasing. He was referncing a selfmade bow, and im pritty shure hes no Fred Bear. A bow built buy a Archery master wil not be in the same catagory as a novice bow builder. All of my points are valid and my concerns are to help jurassic park improve. If you want to argue about validity for your supirior bowmanship and all out world renowned hunting skill make a new thread and quite Hyjacking this guys.

Thanks

Niccum
Old 01-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto that BPNiccum!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nic

Originally Posted by BP_Niccum
Gunplummer, take a chill pill. Your taking this young mans post and turning it into a fight for your ego pleasing. He was referncing a selfmade bow, and im pritty shure hes no Fred Bear. A bow built buy a Archery master wil not be in the same catagory as a novice bow builder. All of my points are valid and my concerns are to help jurassic park improve. If you want to argue about validity for your supirior bowmanship and all out world renowned hunting skill make a new thread and quite Hyjacking this guys.

Thanks

Niccum
I like that Nic. Nice post, right to the point.