Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

In-Stand Entertainment

Old 12-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

I enjoying being out in the woods and see natures beauty..... but damn sitting 6 hours at a time can get boring.

I normally read, nice and quiet so I can still hear whats going on around me.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Read

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
I normally read, nice and quiet so I can still hear whats going on around me.
Thats a good one, never even thought about reading in the stand.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Typical Buck

If I get too bored I'll play some games on my phone or surf craigslist for deals. Don't spend to much time on the phone though.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I scan for deer movement, that's all I do. I'm there to hunt, not to play electronic games. If I wanted to do anything else, I'd stay at home where it's warm. From the sound of it, many folks would have a really rough time doing an all day sit.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Spike

Scan, Read, Scan, helps to pass time.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:06 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

I just started still hunting. There is no boredom in this - in fact an hour goes by like 10 minutes. You are on alert the full time, if nothing else looking for the next quiet place to step. Otherwise, if I am in a blind and see nothing for 2 or more hours, it drags on a bit. The dead time in a blind is a good time to try to read up and get a grasp on the incredibly convoluted hunting regulations in WI! But if it is anywhere near feeding time, I keep a close eye out and keep still no matter how I hunt.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I scan for deer movement, that's all I do.
x2

I take the view that a deer can show up at any moment, any place and I have to be ready. Sometimes I doze off, but not because I want to.

I also stillhunt a good deal, too.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Film as much wildlife as possible. From my stand I can see for about a mile out so I get the glasses up on the side hills quite a bit. During my bow season I dont really have a slow time.. Benefits of hunting in Iowa
Old 01-02-2013, 03:32 AM
Typical Buck

I was checking the score of my college team and missed a chance at a doe so the only entertainment I get now is watching the squirrels.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by early in
From the sound of it, many folks would have a really rough time doing an all day sit.
Not me buddy, I tried it a few times, it's not for me. 6 hours is the longest I can sit in the same spot without having to break for lunch or just move around & stretch my legs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.