Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

In-Stand Entertainment

Old 12-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Spike

Question In-Stand Entertainment

What do you do in the stand to pass the time? Play games on your phone? Text? Watch Wildlife? Listen to music? What is good to do in-between scanning the woods to pass the time when there are no deer out and about?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Spike

If anything else I wouldnt be listening to music even through uour headphones. But I would just sit and watch the birds and squirrels, especially squirrels I get a kick out of them ha
Old 12-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Spike

I usually end up taking a nap haha. intentional or not sometimes you just cant help it. Squirrels are good too and i have a lot of turkeys to watch.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Spike

I guess i should have mentioned that i only hunt on the ground
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I sometimes play games on my iPod and watch the turkeys and squirrels or rabbits and if it is a really really slow day and I can't sleep then I will count the leaves that haven't fallen yet. But I don't usually get that bored lol
Old 12-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt......
Old 12-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Spike

Post Work

Since my business is hunting, I usually find myself responding to emails or playing games on my phone. Somehow work always finds its way into my recreation.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

I never do anything but think and even that can distract me too much, lol.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I hunt......

X2 Or try and keep my daughter quiet thats my biggest challenge haha
Old 12-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default In stand ent...

Usually enough to keep reminding myself that deer are just beyond view and will be right along momentarily.

Sometimes just taking in God's Green Earth is enough. Plenty to take in our there. Try to pick up on subtleties: Identifying tweety-birds sounds, direction, wind variances, noises, etc.

Once whilst in the Catskills, I spent two hours trying to figure out how all of these tan moths were alive in 25 degree weather at 5:30AM flitting about everywhere! I have pics but even that took an hour to get one visible on the cell.

Sometimes, when my stand in facing the sun it's a little tough to NOT catch some Z's. It happens and yep, I'm sure there have been shootable deer that escaped me because of it.

The best thing I figure is to stay alert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.