Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What would YOU do?????

Old 12-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Heck DO IT !! if thats what you want someone to say. I mean you admit your already broke and can't buy a muzzleloader so you took it upon yourself to just hunt with a shotgun, are you just taking one shell with you ?

I am messing with you, dont do it, in Indiana if you got caught this is what you'd get

Hunting without permission
Trespassing
if you shot a deer then Poaching
your deer would be taken
you'd have a class D misdemenor on your record for life

I would stay out, plus if someone sees you, or you kill a deer and it runs onto someones backyard your just going to make hunters and bow hunters look bad.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Ok marsh I could see this coming and the direction the posts took was predictable. You can get mad and strike back or realize that there are a few people on here who are older and are offering some criticism but doing it in a constructive way. What you do with this criticism is what will define the way you come out of this. A learning experience or something else. Ethics pays a huge part in a hunters life. Anyone can poach a deer but to the true sportsman doing it right is the only way to get satisfaction. You are young and hopefully will learn the right path regarding your hunting. Some day you can pay it forward and help someone else who might be ethically challenged to see the light. I hope when you finally decide to not hunt illegally that it is because you want to do it right.- CI
Old 12-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

This has to be the dumbest post I have ever read. I will never get this 5 minutes back in my life. So while I am here I say go ahead and do it, You might as well get caught young. I for one hope you do.

Plus I am calling BS on the whole thing, he is full of it.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Spike

What am i full of?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Full of it= only posting to get a reaction. Here's my advice, and it's similar to CI's. I can go out and shoot a deer any day I want. Any day. But that's not what hunting is about to me. I enjoy bow hunting, and when rifle season is in, I enjoy that. It's not about just walking out and shooting a deer. To me that's easy. What isn't always easy is doing it the right way. I hunt for a few reasons. First I hunt because I enjoy the outdoors, whether I'm hunting, hiking, backpacking, on the dirtbike or on the street bike, I simply love being outside. Second, I hunt because of the people I do it with. Family, friends, they make hunting a good time. Last, I enjoy getting deer, and having deer meat.
If you feel the need to poach a deer, then do it. It really doesn't bother me that much. But don't post about it on a public forum. And do not complain when you eventually get caught, because it will catch up with you. Consider this; you are apparently serious about your college education (Deans list 3X), and that takes a lot of work. I understand that. Don't waste that work just to shoot a whitetail. It isn't worth it. And these things do catch up with you. Anytime a potential employer does a background check it has potential to harm your future. Just some advice, do with it as you choose.
-Jake
Old 12-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

If this whole post isn't bs I don't know what is. Without reading back he's a poor college kid who was through police training but dropped out to become a fireman and has now been laid off. And he's done this all while playing lacrosse at a top school and getting the best grades. While posting questions about and saying he's breaking he law while offerring to send strangers a transcript with his personal information?

Gotta be a troll.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by marshbanks12
You want me to send you my grades? please give me your address and I will send you my transcript

You seem to act pretty immature for someone who is supposedly in college.

And if you are as smart as you claim, why would you ask such a question in the first place?

And to even consider poaching?

Come on dude, with every post your digging yourself deeper!

Stay off private property without permission.
Follow the game laws.
Go to the food pantry if you have to.
Finish your education.

(not necessarily in that particular order)

To answer your questions, this is what I would do if I were you.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Spike

Jeeze didn't think I'd get so much hate for asking a question. I probably won't do it just because of the risk but whatever I end up doing ill make sure not to mention it on here lol
Old 12-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has Senator Mikulski (MD-D)...

made a speech on this topic yet?????
Old 12-22-2012, 03:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by marshbanks12
Jeeze didn't think I'd get so much hate for asking a question. I probably won't do it just because of the risk but whatever I end up doing ill make sure not to mention it on here lol
When you ask if its right to break the law what reaction did you think you would get? Follow the regs and hunt like the rest of us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.