HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Shwacker broadheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/376565-shwacker-broadheads.html)

Justin94deerfarm 12-15-2012 02:51 PM

Shwacker broadheads

Are they any good I wanna know your opinions. I just purchased some and my step dad hates mechanicals but I like them

not the dogs 12-15-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Justin94deerfarm (Post 4016688)
Are they any good I wanna know your opinions. I just purchased some and my step dad hates mechanicals but I like them

I'm new to bow hunting but I got my first deer with these BH this year. The man at the pro shop suggested them. I like them. Leaves a heck of a blood trail I would think. The deer I shot dropped where it stood but it looked like someone turned a faucet with all of the blood shooting out. Like I said that was my 1st deer with it but it seem to work great.

nosfedgta 12-15-2012 05:54 PM

I have shot many diff kinds of broadheads and I have to say... The shwacker is the best I have shot! Massive blood trails, great flight, and very accurate! Oh and I have never had one open in flight... ever...

Austinhuntman 12-15-2012 06:10 PM

Yeah they sound like good I don't use them but I thought about switching to them

sdhunter11 12-15-2012 06:19 PM

This is the only expandable that has interested me in awhile and i havent tried them yet, I have tried rage 2-blade with horrible results, good shots but horrible results. I have tried rocky mountain snypers and liked them alot but they quit making them. After these good opinions i might have to try the schwackers next season.

browtine7 12-15-2012 07:01 PM

I use to shoot Rage and I switched to Swackers this year and let me tell you that Swacker is head and shoulders better and will be my broadhead of choice from now on.

Justin94deerfarm 12-15-2012 07:30 PM

Thanks everyone I'm going after a 180-190 inch typical monster where I hunt I have a bushnell trail cam but its junk the pictures are always blurry so the only proof I will have is if I harvest him

Brent B 12-16-2012 04:49 AM

I dont like using broadheads that use rubber bands but thats just me. The 2.25" inch cutting diameter might be a good choice for turkey hunting tho. I dont think I would use something that big for deer... I just have a hard time seeing it getting good penetration if you made a poor shot such as a shoulder shot. That thing will have to eat twice as much shoulder blade as most broadheads. The deer I saw shot with them on tv died quickly tho. Whatever you use make sure it's sharp and double lung them and they wont go far.

browtine7 12-16-2012 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Brent B (Post 4016878)
I dont like using broadheads that use rubber bands but thats just me. The 2.25" inch cutting diameter might be a good choice for turkey hunting tho. I dont think I would use something that big for deer... I just have a hard time seeing it getting good penetration if you made a poor shot such as a shoulder shot. That thing will have to eat twice as much shoulder blade as most broadheads. The deer I saw shot with them on tv died quickly tho. Whatever you use make sure it's sharp and double lung them and they wont go far.

I agree with you on penatration with a rage but I promise you the swacker gets unbeliveable penatration and you want be disappointed

SecondChance 12-16-2012 06:46 PM

GrimReapers!!!! Nuff said!!! No rubber bands.