Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shwacker broadheads

Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

You will not have to worry about penetration with a swacker! I shot a doe a while back and it went in one shoulder blade and came out the other one about 5 inches
Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone and nosfedgta I like the 1300 my brother has one but smooth bore and shoots pretty darn good for a smooth bore.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Spike

I've been using 2 blade rage chisel tip, no problems with penetration all hits were complete pass throughs. I even shot deer directly under me, 1 inch left of spine, through top of ribs, out through opposite armpit, again, another pass through!!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Spike

Default Shwacker Broadhead

I have hunted with many different broadheads for over 30 years. I have never been a big MB fan because I have seen the results on animals over the years. I keep trying them from time to time because I have an open mind. I have tried all the big names and they all will kill deer. You can poke a stick through both lungs of a deer and I promise you that it is going down. So if you are looking for the Holy Grail confirmation on a broadhead, what I will say is that shot placement is far more important than the broadhead you are using. So I keep trying the MBs simply because they fly better at longer ranges and I am an accuracy freak when it comes to hunting.
A friend said I should try the Shwackers them of his results on hogs and I must say I was presently surprised on the following.

Complete pass through on quartering shot and arrow maintained attitude and altitude angle after pass through into the ground. No arrow deflection at all.

Broke ribs on both sides of the doe

Broadhead was recovered and after resharpening was as good as new.

Immediate blood trail with deer recovery in 30 yards.

Hit where I aimed

I have shot a lot of MBs over the years and none of them performed on all counts as listed above. EVER. I am not saying that another wont do it, Im saying I have never seen one personally that has performed in like manner.
I am going to continue to use them until I have a reason to stop. What I can tell you is that if you dont want them, send them to me and I will put them to good use.
Based on my experience to date, they should work very well if you take appropriate shots on deer, and they will work as well as any other MB if you don't take appropriate shots.