Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shwacker broadheads

Old 12-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Spike

Default Shwacker broadheads

Are they any good I wanna know your opinions. I just purchased some and my step dad hates mechanicals but I like them
Old 12-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Justin94deerfarm
Are they any good I wanna know your opinions. I just purchased some and my step dad hates mechanicals but I like them
I'm new to bow hunting but I got my first deer with these BH this year. The man at the pro shop suggested them. I like them. Leaves a heck of a blood trail I would think. The deer I shot dropped where it stood but it looked like someone turned a faucet with all of the blood shooting out. Like I said that was my 1st deer with it but it seem to work great.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot many diff kinds of broadheads and I have to say... The shwacker is the best I have shot! Massive blood trails, great flight, and very accurate! Oh and I have never had one open in flight... ever...
Old 12-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah they sound like good I don't use them but I thought about switching to them
Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

This is the only expandable that has interested me in awhile and i havent tried them yet, I have tried rage 2-blade with horrible results, good shots but horrible results. I have tried rocky mountain snypers and liked them alot but they quit making them. After these good opinions i might have to try the schwackers next season.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

I use to shoot Rage and I switched to Swackers this year and let me tell you that Swacker is head and shoulders better and will be my broadhead of choice from now on.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone I'm going after a 180-190 inch typical monster where I hunt I have a bushnell trail cam but its junk the pictures are always blurry so the only proof I will have is if I harvest him
Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

I dont like using broadheads that use rubber bands but thats just me. The 2.25" inch cutting diameter might be a good choice for turkey hunting tho. I dont think I would use something that big for deer... I just have a hard time seeing it getting good penetration if you made a poor shot such as a shoulder shot. That thing will have to eat twice as much shoulder blade as most broadheads. The deer I saw shot with them on tv died quickly tho. Whatever you use make sure it's sharp and double lung them and they wont go far.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Brent B
I dont like using broadheads that use rubber bands but thats just me. The 2.25" inch cutting diameter might be a good choice for turkey hunting tho. I dont think I would use something that big for deer... I just have a hard time seeing it getting good penetration if you made a poor shot such as a shoulder shot. That thing will have to eat twice as much shoulder blade as most broadheads. The deer I saw shot with them on tv died quickly tho. Whatever you use make sure it's sharp and double lung them and they wont go far.
I agree with you on penatration with a rage but I promise you the swacker gets unbeliveable penatration and you want be disappointed
Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

GrimReapers!!!! Nuff said!!! No rubber bands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.