Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Eight pointer

Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Yes and I'm pretty handy with that 243 I have killed 6 other deer with it and none have gone anywhere but straight down lol I think I could do it I just don't want to mess it up
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

He is not really that big of a buck but I like the way his horns look and it's just the fact I have seen him 2 times and both times he knew something was up and didn't offer a broadside shot. I guess I feel like he outsmarted me in a way that's why I want to take him
Old 12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Spike

I'm sorry and don't want to P--- you off but unless he walks backwards he must be broadside at some point? And if you have a solid rest and can group 1" at 150 yds, what the H problem? You should be able to hit him at 350 yds with that gun ? And if you are worried about hitting his guts if hes facing you, what do you think you have to go through to get to the guts ????????? 180yds is nothing for the fine little 243 bullet. Shoot him already.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Take it from a guy who has killed many deer with a frontal chest shot with a .243 shooting 95 grain sst's. They go straight down when hit there. Be confident and take him if you see him. Best of luck to ya!! And you damn well better post pic's and story lol.