Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunt

Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Spike

Default Deer Hunt

Hey guys, went out hunting with one of my buddies and ended up finally getting a buck we have been wateching for awhile now and I made it into a video for yall to take a look at

Tell me what yall think and if anyone could age him that would help as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ2p0ePR4a8&feature=plcp
Old 12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

No comment on the video, other than it's one of many out there where people think they have to show kill shots, and the buck is probably 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years old.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck, looks 3.5 to me, he's got the chest but not that broad forehead those 4.5+ get, congrats.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Spike

Hey congrats, you shot a deer under a feeder. What talent you must have and you missed the first opportunity. In most cases you would have not had a second chance, but that feeder brought him right back.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

I got a pen full of cattle that would be about as easy to shoot. "He's huuuuge".....for a yearly. 2.5 yo around my parts.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

That's wouldn't go over in NY. FAIR CHASE !!!! And it really is fair chase. after opening day, the deer have the advantage.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

LOL

Not a fan of hunting over bait either, but I like to keep it positive, keep that good karma coming my way opening day.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default What I think

Legal to shoot deer under a feeder?

I suppose if it is...you've got some good meat-in-the-pot there.

Looks to be 2.5 YO.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Spike

hahah you guys are alright, thanks for your input on the age, video, and how you feel about hunting over bait, at this point I would try and defend myself with some information on hunting and how different people approach how they hunt such as; over a feeder, over a food plot, over a game trail, low fence, high fence, with a rifle, with a bow and how each type of hunter can say that isn't sporting b/c I do it so much harder then you, but I'm not, b/c I am a hunter who believes to each their own, and I won’t look down on any legal method of hunting b/c I support our right to hunt, thanks again guys!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

If you're baiting in deer and it's legal I see nothing wrong with it. I hunt on public ground so I can't bait in deer, but if I could I would bait in deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.